- Accounting PYP has been developed between CA ANZ, CPA Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants
- The program is delivered by registered providers
- You can express interest in becoming an approved provider
The Accounting Professional Year Program is approved by the Department of Home Affairs (formerly the Department of Immigration and Border Protection). It is available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification as a result of at least two years' study in Australia.
Accounting PYP consists of:
- a minimum of 44 weeks' training, including 32 weeks classroom study and 12-weeks internship placement providing valuable work experience in an approved Australian workplace completing relevant accounting tasks
- professional development and practical hands-on learning, with an emphasis on workplace preparation: culture, ethics and expectations
- recognition as a pathway for 485 visa holders seeking permanent residency under general skilled migration (GSM)
Accounting PYP was developed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Institute of Public Accountants. It is delivered by registered providers who have been approved by the three professional accounting bodies.
Successful completion of Accounting PYP may attract additional points under the GSM points test.
Enrolment in any of the accounting bodies’ professional programs is independent of an individual’s participation in Accounting PYP or any other DHA approved pathway to permanent residency.
To express an interest in becoming an approved Provider please email firstname.lastname@example.org with company details, contact information and RTO/HE registration number.
Approved Accounting PYP providers
- Accountants Resource Centre (ARC): Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney
- Australian Technical and Management College (ATMC): Melbourne and Sydney
- Education Centre of Australia (ECA): Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
- Monash Professional Pathways: Melbourne
- Navitas Professional: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney
- Performance Education: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney
- Stanley College: Perth
Frequently Asked Questions
The content on this website is provided for general information purposes and may not take into account detail that could be significant in your particular context. The website and its content is not a substitute for reading and understanding (as applicable) the Chartered Accountants ANZ’s Member Handbook, constitutional documents, legislation, regulations, professional guidelines or other applicable laws, or where necessary, obtaining specific advice regarding a specific issue or consulting with the Department of Home Affairs and obtaining independent legal advice regarding migration.
For our full website terms and conditions click here.