- A personal research service – get in touch with us for both brief and in-depth enquiries
- Browse our comprehensive catalogue – from specialist texts and soft-skills books, eBooks and audiobooks, to handpicked articles and online resources
- Tap into our online database, browse our collection of tools and guidance, and keep up to date with our monthly ‘What's New in the CA Library’ email alert
CA Library Top Hits 2021
Want to know what the library’s most popular resources were over 2021?
From guides on data visualisation to essays that change the way you think, CAs have tapped into a vast range of resources over the course of the year.
The Australian and New Zealand Master Tax Guides were borrowed over 1000 times during 2021, making them the hottest eBooks in the library. Unsurprisingly, an HBR collection of articles on managing risk was another of the library’s most popular resources and the Australian Financial Review was also in high demand.
Here are the most popular resources with your fellow CAs during the tumultuous year of 2021.
Top 5 eBooks
1. HBR's 10 must reads on managing risk
2. Data visualization with Excel dashboards and reports
3. The art of being indispensable at work: win influence, beat over commitment, and get the right things done
4. Microsoft Excel functions quick reference: for high-quality data analysis, dashboards, and more
5. International GAAP 2021: generally accepted accounting practice under international financial reporting standards
Top 5 audiobooks
1. HBR’s 10 must reads on managing risk
2. 101 Essays that will change the way you think
3. Not today: the 9 habits of extreme productivity
4. The brain fog fix: reclaim your focus, memory and joy in just 3 weeks
5. Ikigai: the Japanese secret to a long and happy life
Top 5 articles
1. 10 advanced Excel charts
2. Automate tasks in Excel with Office Scripts
3. Negotiating Your Next Job
4. Metric Matters: Which performance indicators are companies keying on this year?
5. 4 tips for optimizing Outlook
Top 5 CA Library reading lists
Looking for some inspiration for the holidays?
CA Library’s Hot Summer reading list offers some great non-fiction to wind down the year with, from ways to deal with burnout to the lessons we can glean from Ernest Shackleton’s leadership in the Antarctic.
If you fancy some new success strategies, the Jump Start your New Year reading list will help you find the perfect job, adopt some superhuman mindsets or boost your productivity.
Prefer to hear a story? Check out CA Library’s Business Stories reading list to learn how those who have been innovative or successful got there.
Or check out CA Library’s complete range of reading lists here.
Did you know CA Library offers a complimentary research service?
Here are a few interesting topics the business librarians have researched over the year:
1. Salary packaging for charities relating to fringe benefit tax concessions
2. Setting up medical practices and appropriate structures, including dealing with contractors, such as GPs, vs employees, such as reception staff
3. Accounting for cryptocurrencies and the treatment of bitcoins with the NZ financial reporting framework
To view more recent research topics please visit our research support page for a list of examples and to request any research you may need.
If you would like help finding accurate and current information, please get in touch with the library team at [email protected].
The CA Library team wishes all CA ANZ members a safe and peaceful summer holiday.
Dynamic, digital and designed for Chartered Accountants –
CA Library’s top picks of the month
View CA Library and members top picks each month from our range of new items, eBooks, audiobooks and articles.
Personal research service
Need some help finding the right resources? A dedicated team of professionals is available to assist you with research requests, both big and small. Using the CA Library collection and specialist databases, the team will provide you with a list of relevant resources from trusted sources, guiding you to the information you need.
The CA Library’s eBooks are the fastest growing area of the collection. With over 800 titles covering topics from business, finance and leadership to information technology and personal development, our eBooks are accessible anytime, anywhere.
The newest addition to the CA Library’s collection, our range of over 120 audiobook titles offers inspired listening for members looking to upskill on their commute, wise-up while working out or simply relax and unwind. The collection covers a wide variety of subjects including leadership, career development, personal finance and entrepreneurislism.
5000 books are available to members across Australia and New Zealand to borrow. This hardcopy collection offers an array of professional, technical and soft-skills material, covering topics as diverse as taxation and personal health. The only cost you incur is return postage.
Online articles and document supply
To ensure your knowledge is current, the CA Library team handpicks key journal articles on a daily basis to add to our online collection. You also have access to a professional database which offers over 2,500 key business, management and trade magazines and journals and more than 10,000 company profiles. What’s more, if we don’t have what you are looking for in our collection we try to source it from another library on your behalf.
Tools & Resources
Looking for guidance on running your business, managing risk, meeting compliance obligations or providing services to clients? Explore the new Tools & Resources hub and discover a wealth of tools, templates and guidance designed to assist members in practice.
Getting in touch with the CA Library is easy:
- Email us at [email protected]
Phone: 1300 137 322
Post: GPO Box 9985, Sydney NSW 2001 Australia
Courier: 33 Erskine Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 0800 469 422
DD: 04 474 7882
Post: PO Box 11342, Wellington 6142 New Zealand
Courier: Chartered Accountants House, Level 7, 50 Customhouse Quay, Wellington 6142