- This specialisation positions you as a recognised practitioner in Financial Planning
- Your education and industry experience can help you earn your standing as a specialist
- Connect with other specialists and gain valuable insights through networking events
About Financial Planning specialisation
The financial services industry is an expanding, highly regulated field with many Chartered Accountants working in business and in practice.
The Financial Planning specialisation recognises your skills, knowledge and experience which enables you to give clients trusted advice on personal financial planning.
This includes fields such as financial planning, superannuation, compliance, banking and insurance.
Members need to satisfy the requirements of CR6 and CR6C and other criteria to be eligible.
How to become a CA Financial Planning Specialist
1. Review the requirements - You need to be a Chartered Accountant or Affiliate with at least two years of practical experience in the last five years, including at least 20% of employment is related to financial planning.
You also need:
* to be registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) for RG146 competency for the provision of financial planning related advice.
* to have successfully completed a related undergraduate/ post graduate degree.
2. Apply for recognition - Complete and return the CA Financial Planning Specialisation Application for Recognition form, attaching reference and education documents.
You will need to provide three references from individuals who can positively attest to your skills, knowledge and experience in financial planning.
Consider the following when choosing your referees:
1. One referee must be a Chartered Accountant with at least three years’ membership who has known you for 12 months or more.
2. The two referees should not be from the same organisation.
3. The referees must not be related to you.
Finalise your application by attaching the following:
* a certified copy of your related undergraduate/ post graduate qualification.
* RG146 competency certificate and evidence of registration with ASIC.
* evidence of courses completed to comply with FASEA requirements.
3. Application review - Following a review of your application you will be informed by email if you have been approved or declined. You will also receive the CA SMSF Specialist signature banner for your promotional use.
If approved, you will receive a welcome pack containing your approval letter and your specialisation certificate. You will be emailed a tax invoice which includes the application fee and the pro rated subscription fee.
If you are declined because you do not satisfy the identified criteria, you will not be charged any fees.
Realise the benefits
Gain recognition as a specialist in the complex field of Financial Planning with benefits that include:
- Build your brand - Adding CA Financial Planning Specialist under your name on correspondence and marketing collateral sets you apart from the rest. You also have the exclusive right to include the CA ANZ branded specialist banner in your communications.
- Open doors - As a CA Financial Planning specialist, you can capitalise on opportunities of referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, associated professionals and clients.
- Expand your network - Networking events with your peers can provide insights into your field and forge valuable business relationships.
- Strengthen your reputation - Your recognition as a CA Financial Planning Specialist acknowledges your skills, knowledge and experience to clients.
- Expand your reach - Be included in the “Find a CA” searchable directory of CA Financial Planning Specialists located on the CA ANZ website. This promotes you to the broader community as an expert in this field.
- Stay ahead of the curve - You will have access to complimentary professional development exclusive to CA Financial Planning Specialists, plus receive a discount on the SMSF Conference fee.
Specialist Accreditation Fees
* Application fee (once-off) - $231.82 (AUD)
* Annual specialist subscription fee - $240.00 (AUD) (excluding GST) - prorated for the first year.
At least 40% of your CPD requirement must be in financial planning.
Register your interest
Find out about leading the way as a financial planning specialistRegister
Enrol In Our Training Courses
Visit the CPD Store for more information.Visit CPD Store