- Your education and industry experience can help you earn your standing as a specialist
- Connect with other specialists and gain valuable insights through networking events
- As a CA Financial Planning Specialist, your official accreditation demonstrates to clients your skills, knowledge and experience in providing financial advice
Benefits of Financial Planning Specialisation
- Build your brand - Adding CA Financial Planning Specialist under your name on correspondence and marketing collateral sets you apart from the rest. You also have the exclusive right to include the CA ANZ branded specialist banner in your communications.
- Open doors - As a CA Financial Planning specialist, you can capitalise on opportunities of referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, associated professionals and clients.
- Expand your network - Networking events with your peers can provide insights into your field and forge valuable business relationships.
- Strengthen your reputation - Your recognition as a CA Financial Planning Specialist acknowledges your skills, knowledge and experience to clients.
- Expand your reach - Be included in the "Find a CA" searchable directory of CA Financial Planning Specialists located on the CA ANZ website. This promotes you to the broader community as an expert in this field.
- Stay ahead of the curve - You will have access to complimentary professional development exclusive to CA Financial Planning Specialists, plus receive a discount on the SMSF Conference fee.
How to become a CA Financial Planning Specialist
You must be a member of Chartered Accountants ANZ i.e. either a CA or Affiliate, who is licensed or authorised to offer financial advice. Furthermore, you are required to meet relevant education and experience criteria which are outlined in regulations CR6 and CR6C.
1. Review the requirements
You need to have four years of practical experience in the last ten years, including at least 50% of employment related to financial advice.
You also need:
- to be listed on the Financial Advisers Register (FAR) with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
- to have successfully completed the education requirements to become listed on the FAR.
2. Apply for recognition
Complete and return the CA Financial Planning Specialisation Application for Recognition form, attaching reference and education documents.
You will need to provide three references from individuals who can positively attest to your skills, knowledge and experience in financial advice.
Consider the following when choosing your referees:
- One referee must be a Chartered Accountant with at least three years’ membership who has known you for 12 months or more.
- At least one of the referees should be from the licence holder with whom you are licensed, or if you are the licence holder, from a Chartered Accountant who can attest to your current involvement in financial advice.
- The referees should not all be from the same organisation.
- The referees must not be related to you.
Finalise your application by attaching the following:
- a certified copy of your qualification to satisfy the training/education standards to become a financial adviser.
- if completed, evidence of courses completed to comply with FASEA’s education requirements.
3. Application review
Following a review of your application you will be informed by email if you have been approved or declined. You will also receive the CA Financial Planning Specialist signature banner for your promotional use.
If approved, you will receive a confirmation email with CA Financial Planning Specialist signature banner for your promotional inclusion in CA ANZ’s Find a CA website.
You will then receive a welcome pack containing your approval letter and your specialisation certificate. You will be emailed a tax invoice which includes the application fee and the pro-rated subscription fee.
If you are declined because you do not satisfy the identified criteria, you will not be charged any fees.
Specialist Accreditation Fees
- Application fee (once-off) - $232 (AUD)
- Annual specialist subscription fee - $273 including GST (AUD) - prorated for the first year.
At least 40% of your CPD requirement must be in financial advice.
Register your interest
Find out about leading the way as a financial planning specialistRegister
Enrol In Our Training Courses
Visit Education Store for more information.Visit Education Store