- CA SMSF Specialisation demonstrates your credibility and skills
- There are 2 pathways to become a CA SMSF Specialist: Post Graduate study or an online course for more experienced CAs
- The next intake for the Experienced Pathway online course begins in March 2022. Register your interest today
Lead the way in providing trusted services to the superannuation industry by becoming a self-managed super funds (SMSF) specialist.
SMSFs account for about 25% of total superannuation assets in Australia, and the sector is growing and evolving. Becoming a CA SMSF Specialist can open doors for you in this dynamic industry because it recognises your advanced expertise in administering, auditing and advising on SMSFs.
- Build your personal brand and credibility - Adding CA SMSF Specialist under your name on correspondence and marketing collateral sets you apart from the rest. You also have the exclusive right to include the CA ANZ branded specialist banner in your communications.
- Open doors - As a CA SMSF Specialist, you can capitalise on opportunities of referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, associated professionals and clients.
- Expand your network - Networking events with your peers can provide insights into your field and forge valuable business relationships.
- Strengthen your reputation - Your recognition as a CA SMSF Specialist acknowledges your skills, knowledge and experience to clients.
- Stay ahead of the curve - You will have access to complimentary professional development exclusive to CA SMSF Specialists, plus receive a discount to SMSF conference.
- All in one place - You don’t need to become a member of another professional body to become an accredited CA SMSF Specialist.
Who can become a CA SMSF Specialist
- CA ANZ members and affiliate members who successfully complete the specialist education program and meet the practical experience and other requirements in Regulations CR6 and CR6A can apply for recognition as an SMSF Specialist.
- All those who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of acknowledgment. CA ANZ members and affiliate members can then formally apply to be recognised as a CA SMSF Specialist (full members) or a SMSF Specialist (affiliate members).
How to become a CA SMSF Specialist
There are two pathways you can choose from:
Dates for the SMSF Specialist Program
The following dates apply to the Experienced Pathway – Online Course
2022 Intake 1
|Enrolments period||Now – 4 March 2022|
|Online study commencement||7 March 2022 – 27 May 2022|
As a CA SMSF Specialist, at least 40% of your CPD requirement must be undertaken in superannuation, including at least 20 hours per triennium in SMSF.
Register your interest
Find out about leading the way as a CA SMSF Specialist.Register your interest