Last updated: 7 November 2016
- In order to use this Site, you need the equipment and connections necessary to access the World Wide Web. You are responsible for:
- the provision of any such connection or access to the World Wide Web;
- the payment of any fees associated with such connection or access (such as those charged by an Internet service provider or other online service); and
- the provision of all equipment necessary for you to make any such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and a modem.
- CA ANZ may modify, restrict, prevent or withdraw your access to, or use of, all or part of the Site, with or without prior notice to you, for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason, including where you engage in any conduct that CA ANZ believes, in its sole discretion:
- violates the rights of CA ANZ or any third party; or
- is otherwise inappropriate for continued access and use of the Site.
2. System Integrity & User Conduct
- You must not use the Site to:
- impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any other person or entity;
- post, disclose or transmit any material that is defamatory, illegal, threatening, harassing, offensive, obscene, misleading or deceptive, or which infringes CA ANZ’s or any third party’s intellectual property or breaches any duty of confidence or contractual obligation owed to CA ANZ or any third party, or otherwise use the Site for any immoral or harmful purpose;
- send junk, obscene, indecent, offensive or threatening electronic mail or "spam" to any person or company;
- falsify or delete any attributions, legends, or other proprietary designations of origin or source of any content of the Site;
- conduct, display, or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- interfere with, harm, limit the functionality of, or disrupt the Site, or the servers, equipment, systems or networks connected to the Site or any user of the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of the Site or networks connected to the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site or computer systems or networks connected to the Site through any means;
- send or upload any material that contains viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots or other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- commit forgery (or attempted forgery), harass any individual, or harm minors in any way;
- solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
- give any accounting, financial, tax, legal, medical or other professional advice;
- vilify, insult or humiliate any person on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disability or in any other discriminatory way;
- promote, advertise goods or services, websites, schemes or other matters;
- collect, store, post, disclose or transmit personal information or data about others, including, without limitation, tax file number information and email addresses; or
- breach the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), the Australian Privacy Principles, each as applicable and as amended from time to time, or contravene or breach any other applicable state, Commonwealth or international law, convention or regulation.
- You must not frame or mirror any part of the Site unless you first obtain our written authorisation.
- You must not use any spider, robot or other device to index, retrieve, reproduce or modify any part of the Site or to circumvent the Site’s security or structural constraints.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any passwords and/or identification or login information for the Site. You agree to notify CA ANZ immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of security.
4. Forums and public communication
- The Site may allow users to submit or post data, information, content and other materials to the Site, including through community or social networking platforms, blogs, chat areas, comments sections or discussion boards (collectively, Forums). Forums may be provided by CA ANZ to CA ANZ members, CA ANZ candidates, students, subscribers to various CA ANZ services and/or members of the public.
- Content in Forums, and other parts of the Site, may involve or be presented in the form of blogs, forums, discussion groups that permit comment or the posting of messages and may only be accessible to persons who are registered to the Site, or by a closed or private user group, or may be publicly available. You should regard such content as a means of public, not private, communication. You acknowledge and agree that your comments or messages will be available to other users of the community, to CA ANZ and (in some instances) to the general public, and you will be identified publicly by either your username or your first name and surname as the author of any contributions you make. You also acknowledge that certain material included by you as part of your profile for Forums or the Site generally will be publicly available to users of the Site, including, but not limited to, your first name, surname and email address. If you do not want such information to be publicly available, then you should not register with the Site or the relevant Forum.
- Forums are intended for use by people who value good manners. Please respect others in your choice of words and thoughts that you post on the Site. You are solely responsible for (and CA ANZ has no responsibility to you or any third party for) the content of the postings you publish. When publishing to a Forum, you must not:
- repeat the same line four or more consecutive times;
- type gibberish (random keys);
- repeat the same character excessively;
- use swear words; or
- type in capital letters excessively (it is considered rude to conduct all your conversation in capital letters).
- each user of the closed or private group is granted a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate to other users of the closed or private group such material in any form and by any means; and
- CA ANZ is granted a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate such material to other users of that closed or private group or any other closed or private group, and to CA ANZ’s directors, employees, agents and contractors (and elsewhere provided that CA ANZ does not identify you as the author and provided further that in the case of groups whose existence is not known to the general public, such material will not be communicated elsewhere if the person posting the material has notified CA ANZ that he or she does not want the material communicated outside the closed or private groups and CA ANZ’s directors, employees, agents and contractors), in any form and by any means, and in submitting material to a closed or private group, you consent to anything being done by CA ANZ and by any user belonging to that or any other closed or private group, in respect of that material that could otherwise amount to an infringement of your moral rights in such material, and warrant that you have obtained such consent from all other authors of such material.
- edit or delete your material;
- link your material to other material, including material submitted by other users or material created by CA ANZ and/or other third parties;
- use your material for its business purposes, including to promote, market or advertise this Site and CA ANZ; and
- directly or indirectly commercially benefit from your material.
5. Links & Advertising
- This Site may contain links to third party websites. Those sites are not under the control of CA ANZ and CA ANZ is not responsible for the content or the links contained in those sites. Neither CA ANZ nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, or related bodies corporate recommend or endorse the content of any third party sites which may be linked to or from the Site, or products or services of any third party organisations mentioned or described on this Site or linked to or from this Site. You acknowledge that you enter any third party websites at your own risk.
- The Site may contain advertisements for third parties' goods and/or services. The third party advertisers are responsible for the accuracy of all representations made in those advertisements. Neither CA ANZ nor its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate recommend or endorse the goods or services that may be advertised on the Site, nor do they offer the goods or services for sale or make any other representation whatsoever about them. If you choose to order a product or service advertised by a third party on the Site, you do so at your own risk.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability
- The Site is provided to you as a general guide only and must not be relied on by you or any other person as a substitute for appropriate professional and other advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
- You may have rights under statutory consumer protection laws, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ), which cannot be excluded, restricted, limited or modified. The exclusions of warranties, and the limitation of liability in this section 6, apply subject to any rights you may have under such laws.
- Subject to the above paragraphs:
- this Site is provided by CA ANZ on an "as is" basis and, to the extent permitted by law, all express and implied warranties, representations and guarantees of any kind are excluded;
- the World Wide Web exists across open public networks that are neither secure nor private. Accordingly, you acknowledge and accept the risk that any communication to or from the Site may be intercepted, used or modified by third parties.
- CA ANZ does not warrant that access to or use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Site or any material on or accessible through the Site is free from errors or viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bomb, cancelbot or other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- CA ANZ does not warrant anything about the reliability, accuracy, currency, completeness, timeliness, quality, physical state or suitability for any particular purpose of any material on or accessible through the Site;
- CA ANZ may change any of the material on the Site at any time without notice;
- CA ANZ makes no commitment to update any material on the Site;
- you are responsible for assessing the accuracy, reliability, suitability and accuracy of the material on or accessible through the Site;
- you accept all risks and responsibility for all loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from using the Site or the material on or accessible through the Site; and
- in the case of services, the supply of the services again, or the payment of having the services resupplied; and
- in the case of goods, the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, or the payment of the costs of replacing or repairing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- The information, text, materials, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video and audio clips, trade marks (whether registered or not), advertisements, layout, arrangement, graphical user interface, look and feel, and control features of the Site (the Content) is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws, and is owned by and vests in CA ANZ and its licensors.
- The CA ANZ logo and name are the trademarks of CA ANZ, and may not be used as part of your business or in connection with any goods or services without the prior written consent of CA ANZ.
- CA ANZ operates the Site in Australia and New Zealand. Information contained on the Site may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access the Site from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Tower Building, 50 Customhouse Quay