Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), is one of the founding members of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA).
The Alliance was created in 2005 to bring together leading professional accounting bodies in major world markets in response to the emerging challenges of globalisation.
The GAA promotes quality professional services, global membership support, information sharing and collaboration on important international issues.
The GAA works with national regulators, governments, stakeholders, and other international bodies, including the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). GAA members collaborate to articulate consensus views on matters related to the accounting professions.
The Alliance comprises 10 of the world's leading professional accounting organisations, which represent nearly 1 million members in more than 180 countries.
The 10 GAA members are:
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (CPA Canada)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer in Deutschland e.V. (IDW)
- The Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)