How to apply for full CA Membership

Finished the CA Program? It’s time to start making a difference

in Brief

  • If you have finished the CA Program and your 3 years of approved employment, you’re ready to apply for full CA membership
  • Make sure that you have collected and completed your Mentor’s Final Report, Professional Reference and Member Reference

Your journey to full membership

If you have already completed the CA Program pathway to membership - congratulations, you are ready to apply for full CA membership. The good news is that you can do it online in just a few easy steps. We’re here to guide you through what’s next, what documents you need to have ready and also answer any questions you might have about the application process. Ready?

Gather your documentation

You’re almost there. To be ready to apply, you just need to have filled out each of the following documents:

Don’t forget that your professional and member references must each be completed by two different people.

Once your documentation is in order, apply online for Full Membership as a CA.

Application Fees

If you apply within three months of meeting the CA eligibility requirements, you will pay a lower application fee as per the following schedule. Eligibility is determined by the date you complete Capstone/ICAP or the date you complete your practical experience requirements, whichever is the later of the two. All application fees are payable via credit card upon submission of your application.

Application fees:

  • Australia or Overseas  $385.00 AUD (GST exempt)
  • New Zealand               $475.00 NZD (GST incl.)

Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements

Now that you have completed Capstone/ICAP, it is expected that you will start meeting member CPD requirements to ensure that your knowledge remains current.

Are you applying within 1 year of your Capstone/ICAP result release?

If you apply for full membership within 12 months of completing Capstone/ICAP, you are not required to submit CPD records but there is an expectation that you have been doing CPD.

Has it been more than 1 year since your Capstone/ICAP result release?

If you submit your application more than 12 months after your Capstone/ICAP result release, you must provide records showing completion of minimum CPD requirements to be admitted to CA. These records must show completion of CPD based on the full member requirement of 120 hours of CPD of which 90 hours must be verifiable per triennium (3 year period) pro-rated over the period between your Capstone/ICAP result release and the date you submit your application for full CA membership.

As a rule of thumb, this requirement is approx. 2.5 hours of verifiable CPD per month.

Please refer to CR7 - Continuing Professional Development for more information on what can qualify as verifiable and non-verifiable CPD.

Have you changed your name recently?

If you have changed your name and you’d like your new name to appear on your CA Certificate, you will also need to include a copy of a legal document confirming your name change, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll.

For provisional members living in New Zealand

If you live in New Zealand, you will also need to include a Criminal Conviction Information letter supplied by the New Zealand Ministry of Justice. These can be obtained by requesting a Criminal Conviction History from the Ministry’s website. The details of any convictions will be kept confidential and each application will be considered on its merits.

If you have lived in a country other than New Zealand for periods of 12 months or more during the last 10 years, you will also need to provide a police clearance certificate(s) from the country or countries you have lived. The certificate must be a scanned copy of the original that is dated within six months of your application.

Are you providing accounting services to the public?

If you are providing accounting services to the public and live in Australia or New Zealand, please review the information on the public practice section of the website to determine whether you may require a Certificate of Public Practice.

Let’s make it official

We look forward to welcoming you as a full member of Chartered Accountants ANZ. Don’t forget that you can contact us any time for help, advice or just to chat.

Apply now

Apply online for Full Membership as a CA.

Apply online

Search related topics