- Join us as a Provisional Member (subject to eligibility criteria) and complete the CA Program to earn your membership
- The Program is made up of five modules and a period of mentored practical experience
- Access a range of learning resources and exclusive member benefits along the way
Shape your future
In a world of constant change, the market needs business leaders who are trusted for their knowledge, professionalism and adaptability.
Chartered Accountants are sought after for their ability to lead businesses through complex issues and decision making; their analytical reasoning; their strong work ethic and professional integrity.
Becoming a CA will provide you with a platform that will assist you to develop your technical expertise in accounting, communicate technical knowledge and solve business challenges.
Membership can open up a wealth of opportunities, including access to international markets through our reciprocal arrangements with Global Accounting Alliance members.
Become a Chartered Accountant
How to join
To apply for membership you need to satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the Chartered Accountants Program plus three years of mentored practical experience
- Be a qualified accounting academic
- Be a current member of an overseas accounting body that is recognised by Chartered Accountants ANZ
The CA Program
The path to earning the CA designation will help you develop the skills and knowledge to become a business leader.
The CA Program incorporates both online and face-to-face learning, making it easier to balance workplace commitments with your studies.
The Program is designed to help you grow your technical knowledge and professional aptitude through applied, real-life examples along with mentored practical experience.
CA Program courses
View each of the core course module descriptions to start your CA journey.Course descriptions
To start the Chartered Accountants Program you need to apply for Provisional Membership first.
Once you’re approved as a Provisional Member, you can enrol in program modules.
As a Provisional Member, you’re also entitled to a range of member benefits, including:
- Access to a global community of more than 110,000 professionals through LinkedIn groups, networking, training and social events
- A subscription to Acuity, our monthly magazine filled with insight and foresight on matters of economics, business and finance
- Networking and social events
- Discounted education and other lifestyle and business discounts.
We know balancing work and study is challenging, which is why we have developed an effective support system for candidates to successfully complete the program.
Resources and support include:
- An online learning space where you can access a range of resources and interactive activities
- Access to technical specialists and educators for each module to help guide you through the Program
- Face-to-face support through our popular CA Study Masterclass: these optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for your online assessments and final exam
- Events and training sessions that feature technical and career development advice and education
Apply to become a Provisional Member.Apply now
To join us as an accounting academic, you need a qualification in accounting or related subject that is recognised as the equivalent to a doctorate or masters level qualification in Australia or New Zealand.
You will also need to have been an accounting academic for at least five years and be currently employed at a lecturer level or above by a recognised university or other recognised higher education provider in Australia or New Zealand.
Great reasons to become a CA
Being a member with us gives you access to an array of benefits, including:
- A 115,000-strong network of fellow CA professionals and more than 1 million highly qualified accounting professionals around the world
- Access to current thought leadership and technical news across many industries
- Professional guidance and technical support
- Advisory services, including mediation, mentoring and legal advice
- Member events and access to event resources
- Subscription to Acuity, our award-winning monthly business magazine
- An opportunity to be recognised as a specialist in business valuation, SMSF and financial planning.