- Applicants need to meet academic and practical experience criteria to be admitted to provisional CA membership
- Alternative pathways are available for those who do not meet the academic admission criteria for the Program
- Applicants must complete a fit and proper persons' declaration
Chartered Accountants ANZ is the only professional accounting body in Australia recognised as a Higher Education Provider and regulated by TEQSA. This means that the educational quality of the CA Program meets the Australian Higher Education standards.
To be eligible to enrol in the CA Program, you must meet both our academic and practical experience requirements:
To be eligible to apply for provisional CA membership, you need to hold one of the following academic qualifications:
- A Chartered Accountants ANZ accredited degree. This means that your degree covers prerequisite subjects in key competency areas, and ensures you meet all prior knowledge requirements for the Chartered Accountants Program; or
- A degree which has not been accredited by Chartered Accountants ANZ, but has been assessed by us as equivalent to at least an AU or NZ Bachelor degree (AQF level 7 or higher) with coverage of required competency areas
If you don’t meet the academic requirements, you can bridge any knowledge or competency gaps by completing an accredited conversion course or our CA Foundations pathway.
Learn more about the academic admissions criteria and pathway options:Read more
Practical experience requirements
CA Program candidates must also complete three years of approved employment. Approved employment is recognised when you are:
- Working in a relevant accounting role with an Approved or Recognised Training Employer
- Working for at least 17.5 hours per week for a period of three months or longer
- Under the guidance of a recognised mentor
Learn more about the practical experience requirements of the Programread more
All applicants need to sign a fit and proper person declaration before enrolment.
Understand what's involved in completing a declarationRead more
Read the CA Program policies
Access CA Program policies to be informedProgram policies