- Learn how business decisions contribute to adding stakeholder value.
- Accelerate your ability to help businesses run more efficiently and effectively.
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Analyse and strategise
Management accounting is about making optimal business decisions: a must-have for businesses to survive in complex global markets.
This module focuses on how management accountants can provide insight and add stakeholder value through an organisation's business strategy.
This 12-week course will provide you with the technical skills to analyse an organisation’s business operations and performance.
You will also learn how to provide value to stakeholders by presenting a point of view on key business issues, including budgets, forecasting and planning for the future.
The course covers the key aspects of management accounting and applied finance including:
- analysing business operations
- activity-based costing and management
- management of revenue and costs
- performance reporting
- strategy and strategic thinking
- budgets and forecasts
- cash flow forecasting
- working capital management
- business planning
- shorter-term and medium-term financial management
- business risks
- capital investment
- pricing decisions
This course is one of five compulsory modules of the Chartered Accountants Program.
Course structure and format
Enjoy supported learning through an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world worked examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
Additional face-to-face support is also available through our popular CA Study Masterclass.
These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.
Extra study support
Need extra support with your CA Program study? Find out more about CA Study MasterclassFind out more
What you need to know
Assessments for this module includes:
- Three online assessments throughout the module, which makes up 20% of your final result
- A final open book written exam that makes up 80% of your final result.
All candidates enrolled in this course are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
CA Program entry requirements.Read more
You will be expected to have a basic understanding of management accounting and applied finance from your undergraduate studies.
Prepare for your course by reading through the assumed knowledge section in the module outline.
Read the CA Program policies
Access CA Program policies to be informedProgram policies