- Provide assurance and related services on a wide range of subject matters
- Practice in real-world, simulated experiences
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
Assurance extends the technical knowledge and professional skills acquired in Audit and Risk to other assurance and related services focusing on non-financial information. The ability to apply practical and technical skills in a non-financial context is valuable for Chartered Accountants of the future. The activities and assessments simulate real-world experiences and challenges in planning, performing and completing assurance and other related services, including communicating appropriately to meet client needs.
- Evaluating the client's reporting needs
- Agreed upon procedures engagements
- Assurance engagements other than audits and reviews of historical financial information
- Compliance engagements
- Controls engagements
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Recommend an appropriate engagement type to meet client needs
- Apply practical skills and technical knowledge in providing assurance and related services
- Apply professional judgement and professional scepticism in conducting an engagement
Course structure and format
This 7-week course is one of a pool of elective subjects for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass (CASM)
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.Find out more
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page is indicative. The subject outline for a particular subject, location and mode of offering is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts and references in particular, are likely to change. Candidates will be provided with a subject outline once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more