- Evaluate data to determine and understand business problems
- Apply analytical techniques to transform data to support decision making
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
In Data Analytics and Insights, you are enabled to identify, analyse, solve and communicate business problems using data analysis techniques and modern business intelligence tools. You’ll evaluate data to determine and understand contributing factors relevant to business problems. You’ll use basic and advanced analytical techniques to assist in drawing insights from data and effectively communicate these insights to clients and colleagues using verbal and visual communication, enabling appropriate action to be taken where necessary. Through completing practical activities using business intelligence tools, you’ll transform raw structured and unstructured data into usable information, and further enhance the data and bring meaning to it by undertaking analytical comparisons; subsequently, drawing actionable insights from the enhanced data by evaluating patterns, or by applying analytical principles. You will apply descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical techniques to provide insights about data to support business decisions.
- Understanding business problems
- Data preparation
- Descriptive analytics
- Diagnostic analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Prescriptive analytics
- Data visualisation
- Communicating with influence
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse business problems to identify how data analytics can contribute to solutions
- Critically evaluate the suitability of data and prepare it for further analysis
- Use judgment to select and apply data analytic strategies and techniques to generate insights
- Communicate results of data analyses to stakeholders to provide actionable insights that address business problems
Course structure and format
This 7-week course is one of a pool of elective subjects for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.Find out more
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page / in this outline is indicative. The subject outline provided to enrolled candidates for the particular term through CA ANZ’s My Capability learning portal is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts, references and some assessment task details in particular are likely to change. Candidates will be provided access to the authoritative subject outline through the My Capability learning portal once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more