- Learn to embed and apply risk management processes
- Learn to respond to technology, apply computational thinking and analyse data
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
In Risk and Technology, you analyse how businesses create and protect stakeholder value with a focus on risk management, data and technology. You’ll evaluate and respond to the benefits, risks and challenges organisations face, arising from existing and emerging technologies, process automation and the use and application of data. You’ll develop skills and knowledge in areas of technical practice including identifying, analysing and managing risk, computational thinking, analysis and reporting of data and emerging technologies. In real world case-study based activities and associated assessments, you apply ethical considerations to risk management and technology and develop skills to communicate technical data to a variety of audiences. This subject has been designed in partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS).
- Risk Management: frameworks and practices
- The risk management process
- Emerging risk and risk scenarios
- Risk reporting
- Technology related risk management
- Identifying and evaluating existing and emerging technologies
- Including: automation, artificial intelligence, infrastructure, blockchain, data analytics technologies, barriers to new technology and ethics
- Contributing to IT Strategy
- Computational thinking
- Data analysis and reporting
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Recommend risk management strategies to address financial and non-financial risks affecting an organisation
- Evaluate and communicate the results of data analyses, presented in a range of formats, to provide relevant information for decision making
- Identify and evaluate existing and emerging technology solutions and contribute to an IT strategy to meet business objectives and strategy
- Apply the principles of computational thinking to generate solutions to authentic business problems
Course structure and format
This 9-week course is one of seven core subjects of the Chartered Accountants Program.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.Find out more
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page / in this outline is indicative. The subject outline provided to enrolled candidates for the particular term through CA ANZ’s My Capability learning portal is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts, references and some assessment task details in particular are likely to change. Candidates will be provided access to the authoritative subject outline through the My Capability learning portal once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more