- We offer two separate elective subjects for Australian and New Zealand Advanced tax
- Extend your knowledge and skills in a range of complex tax areas
- Develop a deep understanding of the tax impacts of various structures and transactions
- Develop your skills and understanding of the broader strategic decision-making process
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
Advanced Tax equips you with advanced knowledge and skills required to provide comprehensive and in-depth input and services for a range of transactions and events appropriate to the jurisdiction. Chartered Accountants who begin to specialise in tax require a deep understanding of, and ability to respond to, tax impacts on a range of transactions and events. You must also develop skills to provide input on complex tax issues. This subject builds on the areas of technical practice completed in the core tax subject and further explores the tax of structures and transactions, employment remuneration, property and assets. Through a range of learning activities, case studies and assessments, you develop and apply technical skills, as well as developing skills for communicating complex tax information to a range of stakeholders.
- Employment remuneration
- Property and assets
- Tax Structures
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to a range of transactions or events to determine the taxation consequences
- Advise on the taxation consequences of complex transactions and events
- Communicate complex taxation information to a range of stakeholders
Course structure and format
This 7-week course is one of a pool of elective subjects for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass (CASM)
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Australian and New Zealand differences
- We offer two separate subjects for Australian and New Zealand tax.
- You can choose to enrol in either, irrespective of where you live. Candidates generally enrol in the tax subject most relevant to the location where they work.
- Both subjects meet the regulatory requirements for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
- There are no additional requirements for bridging subjects if you already have an accredited degree from the neighbouring country.
- You are responsible for ensuring you have the necessary assumed knowledge relevant to the tax subject selected.
Warning: The information on this page is indicative. The subject outline for a particular subject, location and mode of offering is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts and references in particular, are likely to change. Candidates will be provided with a subject outline once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more