- Apply your financial reporting knowledge to complex transactions and events
- Practise in real-world, simulated experiences
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
Advanced Financial Reporting extends your technical financial reporting knowledge and professional skills that you acquired in the Financial Accounting and Reporting subject. By undertaking activities and assessments that further simulate real-world experiences and challenges, you will apply your financial reporting knowledge to complex transactions and events including the application of professional judgement, accounting policy choice and/or estimation. You will research complex financial reporting issues, evaluate developments that impact the financial reporting environment and make recommendations.
- Further consideration of practical application of common accounting standards
- Advanced issues in group accounting
- Researching to solve accounting problems
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Apply technical knowledge to complex transactions and events to enable the preparation of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or local equivalents, and applicable legislation
- Analyse and critically evaluate existing financial models to determine their ability to produce a desired or intended result
- Undertake research into complex financial reporting issues to advise on appropriate accounting treatments
- Evaluate relevant developments that impact the financial reporting environment and make recommendations
Course structure and format
This 7-week course is one of several elective subjects for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to interactive resources
- Real-world examples and activities
CA Study Masterclass
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.Find out more
What you need to know
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page / in this outline is indicative. The subject outline provided to enrolled candidates for the particular term through CA ANZ’s My Capability learning portal is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts, references and some assessment task details in particular are likely to change. Candidates will be provided access to the authoritative subject outline through the My Capability learning portal once they enrol in the subject.