- Apply professional capabilities and communication skills within business contexts
- Provide ethical business advice across multiple technical areas
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
In Integrated Chartered Accounting Practice (ICAP), you apply an ethical approach to the use of technical knowledge, critical thinking and professional skills. You’ll learn to communicate insights effectively to meet the needs of a variety of audiences. The integration of technical knowledge and professional skills is crucial for Chartered Accountants, and this subject focuses on providing opportunities for you to provide business advice across multi-disciplines in a variety of formal and informal contexts. Through the application of these skills, areas for continuing professional development can also be identified. The interactive workshop activities where you work together on activities and complete a group presentation are a key component of this subject. The subject also includes the submission of the reflective portfolio developed throughout the Diploma of Chartered Accounting course which involves you thinking deeply on your own learnings and experiences.
The ICAP experience builds on previous subjects, integrating skills and knowledge previously developed through the program with a strong multidisciplinary approach and focus on professional capabilities.
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Integrate technical knowledge, critical thinking and professional skills to provide business advice
- Demonstrate effective communication & collaboration skills in a variety of formal and informal business contexts
- Demonstrate an embedded ethical approach in the application of technical knowledge and professional skills
- Reflect on how the key areas of Chartered Accounting practice contribute to professional practice, decision-making and accountability and identify areas for continuing professional development
Course structure and format
This 9-week course is one of seven core subjects of the Chartered Accountants Program.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page is indicative. The subject outline for a particular subject, location and mode of offering is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts and references in particular, are likely to change. Candidates will be provided with a subject outline once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more