- Develop technical expertise by considering integrating business problems that are layered with real-life issues
- Develop your professional skills to become a business influencer
- Develop teamwork and problem-solving skills in real world, open ended scenarios
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
Integrating technical skills and ethics
The focus of the Capstone module is communicating solutions to complex business problems.
Our Capstone module is the final chapter of the CA Program, further developing your ethics training and other skills you need to progress in the business world with professionalism and confidence.
Areas covered in the module include integrating your technical knowledge, ethics, corporate governance, strategy and corporate social responsibility.
Exposure to these areas will enable you to build capability in problem solving and communication, which are essential to any role in any industry.
Capstone structure and format
You are supported throughout your learning by a range of resources, including
- Resource material such as module orientation, toolkit, video resources and pre-workshop activities
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- A course reference guide and materials to help you prepare for exams
- Three workshops with other candidates to share information and network
- Interactive sessions where you work as a team on multi-faceted activities based on real life scenarios
- CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track and prepare for the final exam
This 12 week course is one of five compulsory modules and is the final module in the Chartered Accountants Program.
Extra study support
Need extra support with your CA Program study? Find out more about CA Study MasterclassFind out more
What you need to know
Your assessment for the Capstone module consists of:
- Attending, participating and completing two assessment tasks across three one day workshops. This counts for 40 per cent of your final result
- An exam which counts for 60 per cent of your final result
To learn more about the Capstone assessment, please refer to the module outline
You need to have successfully completed the four technical modules prior to starting the Capstone module. You will also be expected to demonstrate key professional skills gained through your practical working experience.
Read the CA Program policies
Access CA Program policies to be informedProgram policies