- Gain greater knowledge and experience in conducting an audit.
- Enhance your audit skills by applying them to other assurance engagements.
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Please note: This module is one of five modules delivered in the CA Program's accredited Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting course which is currently in teach out.
Upskill and expand your career opportunities
This module will extend your fundamental knowledge of conducting an audit.
From identifying risk to producing an auditor’s report, this compulsory module equips you with practical knowledge and experience to add to your toolkit in becoming a leading business adviser.
Build on your academic studies and work experience by applying this knowledge to practical scenarios during this 12-week course.
Topics covered include:
- identifying risks
- evaluating internal controls
- planning and performing an audit
- finalising an audit and issuing an auditor’s report
- planning and performing a review and other assurance engagements.
Accelerate your business and professional skills by developing key capabilities in problem solving, critical thinking, research and analysis.
Course structure and format
This 12-week course is one of five compulsory modules of the Chartered Accountants Program.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass
Additional face-to-face support is also available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.
Extra study support
Need extra support with your CA Program study? Find out more about CA Study MasterclassFind out more
What you need to know
Assessments for this module includes:
- Three online assessments throughout the module, which makes up 20% of your final result
- A final open book written exam that makes up 80% of your final result.
All candidates enrolled in this course are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
CA Program entry requirements.Read more
You will be expected to have a basic understanding of auditing and accounting from your undergraduate studies.
Prepare for your course by reading through the assumed knowledge section in the module outline.
Prescribed reading material
Auditing, Assurance & Ethics Handbook Australia 2021, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, John Wiley & Sons Australia
Also available for purchase from UNSW Bookshop
Auditing, Assurance & Ethics Handbook New Zealand 2021, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, John Wiley & Sons
Read the CA Program policies
Access CA Program policies to be informedProgram policies
Warning: This module is currently in teach out and is not open for new admissions. The information on this page is indicative. The module outline for a particular module, location and mode of offering is the authoritative source of all information about the module for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts and references in particular, are likely to change - refer to the module outline in the CA Program's LMS for details.
Want to enrol in the new CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the new CA Program.