- Learn the concepts of strategy design and development
- Present strategy with influence
- Work towards your Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
Strategy and Performance is designed to provide a holistic understanding of the core concepts of strategy design and development with a strong emphasis on real-world application. On completion, you will be able to contribute and add value to the strategy development process through the application of business acumen and financial skills, providing key insights to evaluate, adapt and design organisational strategy. You will consider stakeholder value that is socially responsible, sustainable and financially sound to develop strategy using the Business Model Canvas and human centred design concepts. You will also create measurement frameworks that monitor strategic performance on an ongoing basis. Finally, you will develop the skills required to present strategy in ways that influence decision making and gain stakeholder support.
- Modern strategy
- Business model canvas
- Evaluating strategy
- Designing strategy
- Monitoring and measuring strategy
- Presenting strategy with influence
Subject learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Advise on the development of strategy to enhance stakeholder value in changing environments
- Critically review and adapt an organisation's existing strategy to take advantage of opportunities for improvement
- Create a measurement framework to monitor an organisation's strategic performance
- Effectively communicate recommendations to gain stakeholder support for strategic proposals
Course structure and format
This 7-week course is one of a pool of elective subjects for the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting.
Enjoy supported learning via an online learning platform and interactive resources, including:
- Online communities where you can network with other candidates
- Technical discussion forums where your questions will be answered by specialist Chartered Accountants
- Peer discussion forums
- Access to resources including a study guide, exam preparation series and materials
- Real-world examples and activities
- Virtual sessions and recordings which take you through real-world worked examples and activities based on integrated, complex scenarios
CA Study Masterclass
Additional support is available through our popular CA Study Masterclass. These optional workshops can help you stay on track with your learning and prepare for assessments and the final exam.Find out more
What you need to know
Assessment provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned in the subject. The marks, grades, and/or feedback that you receive will help you identify your strengths and areas for further development to support your learning. To pass a subject, you must attempt all assessments, achieve a pass mark/grade for the final high-stakes assessment and achieve an overall pass mark/ grade for the subject.
If you are enrolled in this subject, you are expected to have met the course entry requirements for the CA Program.
Warning: The information on this page / in this outline is indicative. The subject outline provided to enrolled candidates for the particular term through CA ANZ’s My Capability learning portal is the authoritative source of all information about the subject for that offering. Required texts, recommended texts, references and some assessment task details in particular are likely to change. Candidates will be provided access to the authoritative subject outline through the My Capability learning portal once they enrol in the subject.
Already enrolled in the current CA Program?
Click here for subject descriptions of the CA Program in teach out (not open for admission)Find out more