1. Qualification Assessment Criteria
2. Competency Areas
3. English Language requirement
4. Skilled Employment Assessment
5. Supporting Documents
6. Apply now (fees and processing times)
7. Accounting Professional Year Program
You must hold a suitable full (permanent) qualification assessment outcome under the same nominated occupation from CA ANZ to apply for a skilled employment assessment.
Skilled employment requirement
CA ANZ will only consider skilled employment that:
- was undertaken after you have completed a tertiary qualification that can be assessed as comparable to at least the level of an Australian Bachelor degree level
- tasks performed are closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code for which you have received a suitable full (permanent) qualification assessment outcome – refer to the Australian Bureau of Statistics for occupation definitions
- was undertaken within 10 years prior to your skills assessment application date
- was paid and continuous for a minimum of 20 hours per week with the same employer – Irregular periods averaging 20 hours a week over several weeks/months will not be considered
- is a minimum of one year of accumulated employment
Relevant skilled employment assessment documents
To be assessed for skilled employment, you must provide:
- an employment reference letter from your employer
- pay slips – one from the start, middle and end (or most recent) of the tenure
The employment reference must include the below information:
- the employing business letterhead - this must clearly indicate full address (street and PO Box) of the business and any telephone, fax numbers, email and website addresses
- signature of direct line manager, CEO or HR representative - name and position of signatory must be typed or stamped below the signature. A reference with an illegible signature will not be accepted
- direct contact number and email address of the person writing the reference. Personal phone numbers or addresses will not be accepted
- job title
- proof of service (i.e. exact start and end date). Multiple roles within the same employer must be listed: specific dates, unique job description and corresponding locations where the employment was completed
- detailed job description or task list – duties and responsibilities must be stated by your employer. Generic job descriptions are not acceptable and will not be considered. Ensure that job description or task list reflects daily and monthly tasks you perform in your role. Tasks copied from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) occupation definitions will not be accepted
- working hours per week and whether the role was full time or part time
- whether the role was permanent, temporary or contract
If your employment reference letter does not include any of the above information, you can provide the following official documentation from the business:
- taxation certificates
- employment contracts
- job description
- Statutory declaration/Affidavit - This will only be accepted for job description/task list – If you are unable to obtain a job description/task list from your employer, an official Statutory Declaration or Affidavit may be considered. All Statutory declarations or Affidavits must be clearly signed by an authorised witness. Please refer to list of authorised witnesses within Australia. If obtaining a Statutory declaration or Affidavit outside Australia, please refer to an Australian Embassy or the legal standard of the country in which you are applying.
If you are self-employed you must provide a statutory declaration/affidavit with the following information:
- details of the nature of your business/company, your position, the type of work you do and how many hours a week you were employed by the business.
We will also require the following original colour scanned documents:
- registration of business name
- practicing certificate
- tax returns of first, middle and final year (if relevant) of business operation
- reference from two or more clients on letterhead, stating the work done by your business and the time period your business was employed by the referee.
What you should know
- Ensure you need additional skilled employment points for your visa application.
- CA ANZ does not award or provide advice on points for visa applications.
- Only submit a skilled employment application if you have received a suitable full (permanent) qualification assessment outcome under the same nominated occupation from CA ANZ.
- If you do not hold a suitable full qualification assessment outcome from CA ANZ you can apply for a combined assessment here.
- A combined assessment involves having both your qualifications and skilled employment assessed at the same application. However, your qualification will be assessed initially and only if a suitable outcome is achieved, CA ANZ will then assess the skilled employment component.
- Skilled employment can only be assessed according to the information provided in your official employment documents.
- CA ANZ may request further documentation before finalising your application.
- CA ANZ reserves the right to contact your employer for further verification.
- If the above requirements are not met or are unclear, the employment period will not be considered.
- CA ANZ may refuse to assess applications if false and/or non-authentic information or documentation is suspected. Suspected falsification may be reported to the Department of Home Affairs.
Apply now for a skilled employment assessmentDownload form Submit form
Review/Appeal information for skilled employment assessment
- If you disagree with the assessment outcome and believe an error has been made, an appeal application is available. You are required to provide further information or documentation to support your claim.
- An appeal can only be submitted within 60 days from the date of your skills assessment outcome letter.
- A skilled employment appeal for changes to/or additional job description/task list provided in your previous work reference letter for the same employment period will not be accepted.
- If you have received a suitable outcome for your combined application (qualification and skilled employment) under a nominated occupation code and would like to apply for a change/additional code for your combined application, you can submit a review application for a combined qualification and skilled employment assessment.
Step 6 - Supporting DocumentsRead more
The content on this website is provided for general information purposes and may not take into account detail that could be significant in your particular context. The website and its content is not a substitute for reading and understanding (as applicable) the Chartered Accountants ANZ’s Member Handbook, constitutional documents, legislation, regulations, professional guidelines or other applicable laws, or where necessary, obtaining specific advice regarding a specific issue or consulting with the Department of Home Affairs and obtaining independent legal advice regarding migration.
For our full website terms and conditions click here.