- Ensure you understand the details of your personal visa requirements as set by the Department of Home Affairs and CA ANZ assessment criteria
- Ensure you have all the supporting documents in the right format
- Learn more about assessment fees and approximate processing times
- Submit your application for qualifications and/or skilled employment
- Appeal/review of your qualifications and/or skilled employment
To apply for a skills assessment submit the completed ‘Australia Immigration – Application for Skills Assessment’ form with supporting documents to us.
If you submit an application for a combined assessment (qualification and skilled employment), we will assess your skilled employment only if your qualifications have been assessed as suitable.
After submitting your skills assessment application, you will receive an acknowledgement email with CA ANZ reference number and information to track your application progress.
At the completion of your application, CA ANZ will issue your outcome letter via email in secured PDF format which can be submitted to the Department of Home Affairs as evidence of your skills assessment. Skills assessment letters are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue.
You can appoint a Migration Agent to submit your skills assessment on your behalf. It is at your discretion if you wish to use a migration agent or not.
Fees and Processing times
||FEES|| PROCESSING TIMES
|Express (Exclusive to Migration Agents ONLY)
|Combined assessment (qualification and skilled employment
|Reviews (qualifications OR skilled employment)||$170
|Review (COMBINED qualification and skilled
Option for a change/additional code only)
Payment can be made by Credit Cards – Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Diners Club.
The processing time is calculated from the date the application is received with all required documents.
If you wish to withdraw your application an administration fee of AUD$80 will be charged in all cases. However, if any preliminary work has commenced or the skills assessment has been completed, a refund will not be issued.
How do we process your application?
CA ANZ will complete a preliminary assessment of your application and then advise you of any outstanding documentation or information that may be required. CA ANZ will only proceed with your application upon receipt of any outstanding documentation or information.
This processing time is calculated from the date the application is received, provided all required documents have been submitted. If you are required to provide further documentation, the processing time will commence once these documents have been received.
Privacy legislation prohibits CA ANZ from discussing details of the application with any third parties unless the applicant has provided a signed authority for us to do so.
To assist us in completing your application as quickly as possible, please avoid contacting us within the advertised timeframes.
Check on your application status
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an acknowledgement email from CA ANZ with a reference number. You will need to quote this reference number for any further correspondence with CA ANZ.
It is important to include an email address in your application to ensure efficient communication.
Due to the complex nature of the assessment process, CA ANZ cannot advise if your qualifications or skilled employment will be suitable until after a skills assessment has been completed.
Review or appeal your skills assessment
This can be requested for any valid assessment previously undertaken by us and can be lodged for the following reasons:
- Full (Permanent) skills assessment following a previous provisional skills assessment
- Obtain an additional ANZSCO Code
- Additional subjects completed after a negative assessment
- Additional period of skilled employment
- Appeal of original outcome – after the 60 days since you received your outcome assessment, an appeal is no longer possible and a new application is required
Before submitting your review application, please note:
- An appeal for changes to/or additional job description/task list provided in your previous work reference letter for the same employment period will not be accepted. An appeal application is available if you disagree with our assessment outcome and believe an error has been made. Please note, an appeal can only be submitted within 60 days from the date of your skills assessment outcome letter.
- If you have received a suitable outcome for your combined application (qualification and skilled employment) under a nominated occupation code and would like to apply for a change/additional code for your combined application, please submit a review application for a combined qualification and skilled employment.
- If you have applied for a combined application and received a not suitable outcome for your qualification assessment, you are not eligible to apply for a review. We would suggest that you submit a new combined application to have your qualifications and skilled employment assessed together.
Request a review
To apply for a review of qualifications and/or skilled employment, submit the completed “Australia Immigration – Review/Appeal’ form with supporting documents to us.
The content on this website is provided for general information purposes and may not take into account detail that could be significant in your particular context. The website and its content is not a substitute for reading and understanding (as applicable) the Chartered Accountants ANZ’s Member Handbook, constitutional documents, legislation, regulations, professional guidelines or other applicable laws, or where necessary, obtaining specific advice regarding a specific issue or consulting with the Department of Home Affairs and obtaining independent legal advice regarding migration.
For our full website terms and conditions click here.