Australian Immigration

Assistance with skills assessments for applicants who intend to migrate to Australia as an accounting professional

In brief

  • We can assist you by providing a skills assessment to prove your skills are suitable for a skilled migration visa
  • To get started, you will need to submit an application form to prove your competency and formal education

What is a skills assessment?

If you are applying for a Points Tested Skilled Migration visa, an Employer Sponsored visa or a Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485) - Graduate Work Stream, you may need to provide evidence that your skills have been assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation by the relevant assessing authority.

Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is approved by the Department of Home Affairs to perform skills assessments for applicants who intend to migrate to Australia as an accounting professional.

How it works

We are approved to perform a full (permanent) skills assessment for Points Tested Skilled Migration and employer sponsored visas and a provisional skills assessment for recent graduates of Australian Educational Institutions applying for a Temporary Graduate Visa - Subclass 485 - Graduate Work Stream.

The provisional skills assessment is only for international students who have recently completed an Australian qualification.

Skills Assessment letters are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue.

What ANZSCO codes can we assess?

We can assess your qualifications and skills for the following occupations:

  • Accountant (General) – ANZSCO 221111
  • Management Accountant – ANZSCO 221112
  • Taxation Accountant – ANZSCO 221113
  • External Auditor – ANZSCO 221213
  • Finance Manager – ANZSCO 132211

Submitting an expression of interest

You are strongly advised to contact us to arrange your skills assessment well before you intend to submit your Expression of Interest in SkillSelect.


The content on this website is provided for general information purposes and may not take into account detail that could be significant in your particular context. The website and its content is not a substitute for reading and understanding (as applicable) the Chartered Accountants ANZ’s Member Handbook, constitutional documents, legislation, regulations, professional guidelines or other applicable laws, or where necessary, obtaining specific advice regarding a specific issue or consulting with the Department of Home Affairs and obtaining independent legal advice regarding migration.

For our full website terms and conditions click here.

Search related topics