About Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support
The Mentor Exchange Practice Peer Support program connects members in practice and sole practitioners with each other in a virtual, non-competitive environment to share experiences, knowledge and insights in a small group mentoring setting.
As a result of COVID-19, many small to medium practices and sole practitioners have had to pivot their business operations, adopt new technology, and management styles. The Practice Peer Support program has been developed to provide a supportive environment where partners and directors in practice and sole practitioners can provide advice and perspective from others facing similar challenges.
By sharing their experiences, members have an opportunity to develop and innovate their business based on the advice and support they gain from their peers and give back to fellow CAs by sharing their knowledge.
Who is the program for?
The program is open to members, who are partners or directors in a small to medium practice (4 partners or fewer) or sole practitioners. Members must reside in Australia or New Zealand.
This program is for members who are looking to:
- Gain advice and build professional connections with like-minded CAs
- Share knowledge and insights based on your experience
- Consider guidance on how to future-proof your practice
- Share strategies to cope with increased workload
We're looking for Mentors to help:
- Lead peer mentoring meetings
- Help to establish meeting ground rules
- Encourage discussion among all group participants
- Provide insights and guidance to the group based on your own experience
If you would like to be a Mentor for the program and gain experience facilitating meetings, please choose the Mentor option in the application form.
During the program, participants will receive guidance and support in:
- Analysing your situation. What strengths and opportunities are available in your business?
- What skillset will you bring to your business goals? How do you evolve?
- We'll share the common issues facing practitioners and how you can respond
- How do you translate your business and personal capabilities into success? How will you achieve strategic goals?
You'll have access to an experienced practice management consultant, with a 1-hour complimentary exploratory session.
What is involved?
Applicants will complete a profile questionnaire to submit with the application. This allows us to pair participants with the right peer support group. Members are assigned to small mentoring groups with 5-7 members outside their region, to ensure a non-competitive environment.
Confirmed matches will be invited to a program launch webinar in February. Participants are expected to meet online with their group four times over the period of the program. The program will commence February and conclude August.
All members who participate in the program will be provided with a guide, action plan and relevant supporting materials. Chartered Accountants ANZ will regularly check in with participants and provide general support.
Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support program is a voluntary program for mentors to participate in. The application fee for AU based mentees is AUD $165 and NZ based mentees is NZD $175.
How to apply?
Applications to participate in the Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support program 2023 will be open mid-2022. Register your interest below to be notified when applications open.
Register your interest
Register your interest to be notified when applications open for the next intake of the Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support program.Register your Interest