- Build professional connections and benefit from sharing experiences, knowledge and insights in a small group mentoring setting
- Join a virtual, non-competitive environment of like-minded members in practice and sole practitioners
- Support and make a difference to members facing similar business challenges
About Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support
The Mentor Exchange Practice Peer Support program connects members in practice and sole practitioners with each other in a virtual, non-competitive environment to share experiences, knowledge and insights in a small group mentoring setting.
In response to COVID-19, many small to medium practices and sole practitioners may have had to pivot their business operations and adopt new technology, and management styles. The Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support program has been developed to provide a supportive environment where partners and directors in practice and sole practitioners can provide advice and perspective from others facing similar challenges during this time.
By sharing their experiences, members may develop and innovate their business based on the advice and support they gain from their peers and give back to fellow CAs by sharing their knowledge.
Who can apply?
The program is open to full members, who are partners or directors in a small to medium practice (4 partners or fewer) or sole practitioners. You must reside in Australia or New Zealand.
You should apply for the program, if you are looking to:
- Gain advice and build professional connections with like-minded CAs
- Share knowledge and insights based on your experience
- Consider guidance on how to future-proof your practice
- Share strategies to cope with increased workload
During the program, we will provide guidance and support with:
- Analysing your situation. What strengths and opportunities are available in your business?
- What skillset will you bring to your business goals? How do you evolve?
- We'll share the common issues facing practitioners and how you can respond
- How do you translate your business and personal capabilities into success? How will you achieve strategic goals?
You'll have access to a Practice Mentor, an experienced practice management consultant, with a 1-hour complimentary exploratory session.
How to apply?
Applications for the first intake of the Mentor Exchange: Practice Peer Support program are open until 4 November 2020.
You will need to complete a profile questionnaire along with your application to allow us to pair you with the right peer support group. Members are assigned to small mentoring groups with 5-7 members outside their region, to ensure a non-competitive environment.
Confirmed matches will be invited to a program launch in November. You will then be expected to meet virtually with your group four times over the period of the program. The program will commence November 2020 and conclude May 2021.
All members who participate in the program will be provided with a guide, action plan and relevant supporting materials. Chartered Accountants ANZ will regularly check in with participants and provide general support.
The program is complimentary for members to apply and participate.