- Build professional connections and benefit from an experienced member's knowledge and insights
- You can complete the program face-to-face or online
About Mentor Exchange
Mentor Exchange connects the skills and knowledge of experienced members with those who want to boost their career development.
Mentees can build professional connections and benefit from an experienced member's knowledge and insights.
Being involved as a mentor is extremely rewarding as you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a fellow member's career.
How to apply
Applications for the Mentor Exchange program open between July and August each year.
You will need to complete a profile questionnaire along with your application to allow us to pair you with the right program match.
Mentor Exchange finds the best match based on a mentee's career goals and a mentor's background and experience. You can connect through the face-to-face program if you’re within travelling distance of a Chartered Accountants ANZ office, or you may prefer to connect remotely via the virtual program.
Confirmed matches will be invited to a program launch in October. You will then be expected to meet four times over six months.
All mentors and mentees will be provided with a guide, action plan and relevant supporting materials. Mentors also have access to a Mentor for the Mentor Service.
At the end of the six-month Mentor Exchange, we invite you to a celebratory closing session.
As a voluntary program, it is free for mentors to apply. Mentees make a payment of A$165 or NZ$175 with their application.
Set up for success
As a mentee, it's up to you to get the most out of the relationship.
Here are some tips for success:
- Set clear objectives for six months and be ready to discuss those at the program launch.
- Rely on your mentor for guidance, not answers.
- Be open to feedback and willing to take it on board in your work.
- Try and set up your meetings well ahead of time. Your mentor is likely to be busy and may not always be available at short notice.
- Be punctual and show your appreciation - relationships work best when there's mutual respect.
- Don't seek different mentors while you're working with your current one.
Mentees can claim six structured CPD hours for their engagement in the program.
Mentor Exchange is informal and voluntary. While we provide some structure and support along the way, it’s ultimately up to you and the mentee to determine how best to make the relationship work.
By providing advice, guidance and support to fellow members, your role is to help your mentee progress professionally and personally.
Your mentee will be responsible for setting meetings throughout the six months.
You are not expected to help your mentee search for a job.
By sharing your knowledge and experience, you will be contributing to our culture of effective career planning and continuous learning. Mentors will earn six CPD hours for their participation.
Stop, think and reflect
Canstar CFO Chris Mitchell CA had great coaches and mentors, and now he enjoys giving back by passing on the career lessons he’s learned to up-and-coming CAs.
Register your interest
Register your interest in upcoming Mentor Exchange.Register Now