Members are recognised for their outstanding contributions and professional achievements through the conferral of Fellowships, Meritorious Service Awards and Life Memberships.
Recognition doesn't always hinge on an extended period of membership. While Life Membership is generally conferred on a senior member who has had a long and exceptional career as a CA, Meritorious Service Awards recognise outstanding service to CA ANZ and may be awarded regardless of seniority or length of membership.
Meritorious Service Award
Celebrating the outstanding contributions of our volunteers
What is a Meritorious Service Award?
These awards recognise the outstanding volunteering effort of members who offer their time and skills to give back to their profession. Just three such awards may be given each year in each region.
Who may receive a Meritorious Service Award?
Award recipients must have made a significant contribution to CA ANZ through outstanding service on a Regional Council, a Committee or panel. This includes service in representing CA ANZ on joint panels, Government working groups and Inquiries.
Up to three recipients are chosen annually by their Regional Council.
Advancement to Fellowship
Recognising outstanding achievement and contribution to the profession
What is Fellowship?
Fellowship recognises members for their outstanding career achievements and contributions to the profession. Their contribution may have been to CA ANZ, to the community, to business or through teaching, research or writing in the field of accounting. Members who have been awarded a Fellowship are entitled to use the designation FCA, FACA or AT (Fellow).
Becoming a Fellow
Any full CA, ACA or AT member may be nominated for Fellowship although as a guide members would usually need around fifteen years of membership to achieve the required level of seniority and contribution to the profession.
Nominations must be made by two full members of CA ANZ (members may not nominate themselves) and are accepted between April and July each year. All nominations are first considered by the local Regional Council and then by the Council of Chartered Accountants ANZ. Fellowships are conferred annually in November or December.
2019 CA ANZ Fellows
Our newest Fellows: 220 members receive Fellowships in 2019.Learn more
Our highest honour
What is Life Membership?
Life Membership is the highest honour bestowed by the Council of Chartered Accountants ANZ. It recognises the exceptional career of senior members of the profession, widely respected both in the community and in the profession. It is bestowed very rarely and the number of Life Members is restricted to forty at any time.
Current Life Members
- Warren Allen FCA, 2010, Wellington
- Richard Allert AO FCA, 2018 South Australia
- Ian Ball FCA, 2012, Otago
- Tony Burn FCA, 2013, Taranaki
- Gill Cox FCA, 2017, Canterbury
- Richard Denton AO, FCA, New South Wales
- David Emanuel FCA, 2004, Auckland
- Tony Frankham FCA, 2002, Auckland
- David Gibbs FCA, 2020, Victoria
- Robert Grice AO, FCA, Queensland
- John Hagen FCA, 2005, Auckland
- Peter Hays FCA, 1999, Auckland
- Liz Hickey MNZM FCA, 2018 Auckland
- Murray Jack FCA, 2019, Wellington
- James Kennedy AO, CBE, FCA, Queensland
- Ross Ledger FCA, 2019, Western Australia
- Ian Leggett FCA, 2018 London
- Malcolm McCaw FCA, 1991, Wellington
- David MacDonald FCA, 2011, Wellington
- Lynette Provost CNZM FCA, 2019, Wellington
- Sue Sheldon CNZM FCA CFInst.D, 2018 Christchurch
- Don Trow FCA, 2003, Wellington
- Prof Antonius van Zijl FCA, 2019, Wellington
Tips for Nominating
5 tips to make your nomination stand out.Read more