Whether you live and work inside or outside a major city; as a member you can have your say and in an organisation as large as ours, regional councils play a key role.
They allow members to provide input on strategic policy and member issues, and act as a valuable conduit of information and views for members in the region as well as local member groups.
On a practical level, regional councils can have a significant impact on governance with functions that include:
- Providing advice to the Board through the Chartered Accountants ANZ Council and management.
- Communicate on the Board's strategy and matters of significance for and to members.
- Assist the Board in raising and maintaining the public profile of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand in its region.
- Implement processes within the relevant region to attract and retain suitable regional council members.
To find out more or to get involved, reach out to the regional council that represents your area:
New South Wales
- Chair - Alison Flemming FCA
- Vice-Chair - Ben Wong CA
- Email contact: Renee.Feltrin@charteredaccountantsanz.com
- Chair - Matthew Green FCA
- Vice-Chair - Mark Bushell FCA
- Email contact: Hayley.Angell@charteredaccountantsanz.com
- Chair - Peter Fromont FCA
- Vice-Chair - Deanne Firth FCA
- Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair - Michelle Shafizadeh FCA
- Vice-Chair - Evelyn Hogg FCA
- Email contact: Aymee.Mastaglia@charteredaccountantsanz.com
South Australia / Northern Territory
- Chair - Stacey Quinn FCA
- Vice-Chair - Suranie Alwis FCA
- Email contact: email@example.com
Australian Capital Territory
- Chair - Shawn Quinton CA
- Vice-Chair - Jonathon Colbran FCA
- Email contact: Jamie.Penrose@charteredaccountantsanz.com
- Chair - Mark Leis FCA
- Vice-Chair - Naomi Walsh FCA
- Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org