- The Chartered Accountants Scholarship Fund and the Chartered Accountants Necessitous Circumstances Fund (the Funds) are being wound up with the remaining assets transferred to the Country Education Foundation of Australia (CEF)
- CEF’s mission is to promote and enable the further education, career and personal development opportunities for rural youth, through community-based encouragement and financial assistance and to help close the participation gap which exists between country and city students.
- CEF will continue the work of the Funds by offering accounting scholarships
- CA ANZ will continue to offer a range of scholarships for tertiary students.
A new approach to helping our youth
Following a decision to wind up the Chartered Accountants Scholarship Fund and the Chartered Accountants Necessitous Circumstances Fund (the Funds), we are pleased to announce that we will be working together with the Country Education Foundation (CEF) to continue to offer scholarships for accounting students.
In December 2020 the remaining assets in the Funds were transferred to CEF. CEF will use the assets to provide a scholarship for students who live in rural and regional Australia to study a tertiary qualification that meets the CA Program entry requirements or for students to complete the CA Program. The recipient of the CA ANZ-CEF Scholarship will also be able to benefit from mentoring and job placement opportunities with CA ANZ members.
Scholarships to continue
CA ANZ will continue to offer a number of scholarships.Find out more
Who is the Country Education Foundation of Australia?
The Country Education Foundation of Australia (CEF) was founded in 1993 when a group of community members, including CA ANZ past President Nick Burton Taylor AM came together to raise funds for students who couldn’t afford post-school training or further education. CEF has since grown into a family of more than 40 local education foundations across New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
CEF’s mission is to promote and enable the further education, career and personal development opportunities for rural youth, through community-based encouragement and financial assistance and to help close the participation gap which exists between country and city students.
Since 1993 CEF has helped more than 6,000 rural and regional young Australians on their way to education, training and careers.
About the CA ANZ-CEF Scholarship
To be eligible for the CA ANZ-CEF scholarship you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be aged between 16-25 years
- have lived in or attended school in a CEF region
- be approved for an offer of place or enrolled on a full time basis in an undergraduate Degree that meets CA Program academic requirements OR undertaking postgraduate study in the CA Program whilst on a placement in a rural or regional area (with preference given to areas within the CEF footprint).
The scholarship is for up to $21,000 (based on $7,000 per annum for three years). CEF National will assess and manage your application and scholarship if successful. Closing date for applications is January 31 ,2021.
Click here to find out more and apply.