- Our Committees advocate for sound, fair and efficient tax law and policy that seek to assist growth in the economy
- Meet the members who form our Australian Tax Technical Committee and our New Zealand Tax Advisory Group.
Tax Technical Committee
The Tax Technical Committee works with the Australian Tax Team by providing high level input into identifying and addressing strategic issues concerning the tax profession in Australia. The Committee also assists with consultation activities and preparation of submissions for Government, Treasury, the Australian Taxation Office and other agencies.
Committee members are appointed on the basis of their experience and commitment to improving Australia’s tax system.
Meet the Tax Technical Committee:
|Alexis Kokkinos||Pitcher Partners|
|Robert Ward||Goodman Group|
|Grant Wardell-Johnson (Chair)||KPMG|
|Andrew White||Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills|
Tax Technical Committee - recent activities
The Tax Technical Committee have contributed to various recent submissions by Chartered Accountants ANZView list
Tax Advisory Group
The TAG aims to provide sound, fair and efficient tax law and tax administration advice that is in the interest of New Zealanders and New Zealand business.
It advocates for policy and legislative reform that aims to result in growing the New Zealand economy and reducing compliance costs. Our New Zealand Tax Team works with the TAG to:
- make submissions to government
- undertake confidential pre-policy statement consultation
- review and comment on Inland Revenue policy statements, questions and media statements
- engage with Inland Revenue on operational policies and procedures, and
- work closely with other key stakeholders in the tax system.
The TAG members are appointed for their work experience at the partner level or equivalent and represent the breadth of the profession – large firms, corporates, small and medium practices, and academia.
Current TAG members:
|Greg Haddon FCA (Chair)||Auckland|
|Scott Mason FCA (Deputy Chair)||Otago|
|John Cantin FCA||Wellington|
|Chris Cunniffe CA||Auckland|
|Gill Down FCA||Canterbury
|Paul Dunne FCA||Auckland|
|Craig Elliffe FCA||Auckland|
|Alan Scott CA||Wellington|
|Mike Shaw CA||Wellington|
|Michael Turner FCA||Otago|
|Bruce Wallace CA||Auckland|
|Eleanor Ward CA||Wellington|