- Fill knowledge gaps easily with the revised CA Foundations pathway
- Enrol at any time, from anywhere
- Work through 100% online learning materials at your own pace
- Start while in your final year of undergraduate study
- Gain faster entry to the CA Program
Benefits of the revised CA Foundations entry pathway
Potential candidates using the CA Foundation entry pathway benefit in the following ways:
- Gain faster access into the CA Program, by selecting from the 13 online learning units which are mapped against the pre-requisite knowledge for the core CA Program subjects.
- Enrol on demand – any unit at any time. Our new rolling enrolments allow you to start your CA Foundations studies at any time, with the final exam needing to be completed within 12 months of enrolment.
- Choose your preferred exam date across six exam periods a year, giving you more flexibility to work through the materials at your own pace.
- Select dedicated CA Foundations units in both New Zealand and Australian Taxation and New Zealand and Australian Business Law.
- Complete your studies 100% online and enjoy engaging learning materials supported by activities and diagnostic self-assessment tools which help you assess your level of topic understanding.
Who is eligible to enrol in CA Foundations?
CA Foundations is open to all graduates or final year students in an Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree (or overseas equivalent) who need to complete further bridging study to meet the CA Program academic entry requirements.
Provisional members who are eligible to undertake at least one CA Program subject can do so whilst completing their CA Foundations study concurrently.
NOTE: Rolling enrolment for the new CA Foundations units is now open via My Capability - Program (available through My CA) to eligible applicants, with study commencing from Monday 5 July.
To assist candidates plan their study pathway, refer to the CA Foundations Overview and Timetable, and Terms and Conditions, available to download below.
Gain faster access into the CA Program
Start CA Program subjects while completing your final bridging units. If you have completed your degree, you can start the CA Program core subjects while completing your final bridging units via CA Foundations or an accredited tertiary course.
Please note that specific prerequisite units associated with individual CA Program core subjects will need to be completed before you can enrol.
CA Foundations Pathway Map
To assist new students select the right CA Foundations units or existing CA Foundations enrolees transition their study pathway, the below table provides a map of the required competency areas for each new CA Program core subject and its related current and new CA Foundations unit:
CA Program flexible entry options
Find out more about the CA Program’s flexible entry options.