- Instructions on how to enter and to win a Prize (defined below) form part of these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Participation in this "Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ) Member Insights Panel Survey Promotion" ("Promotion") is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion is a game of chance for a Prize that may be won by an Eligible Entrant who submits a winning Eligible Entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571 of 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 ("Promoter" or "CA ANZ").
- The Promotion commences at 8:00 AM (AEDT) on Friday, 19 February 2019, and closes at 11:59 PM (AEDT) on Tuesday, 30 June 2020 ("Promotional Period").
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- To be eligible to enter a Draw (defined below), an entrant must, during the relevant month in the Promotional Period:
- An Eligible Entrant may make no more than two (2) Eligible Entries in total each month, and is eligible to win up to a maximum of two (2) Prizes in each draw. There will be ten (10) Prizes available for each Draw, and fifty (50) Prizes in total during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter will compile all Eligible Entries as soon as practicable following the end of each month.
- The Promoter will draw one (1) Eligible Entry for each Prize at random from all Eligible Entries submitted in a particular month during the Promotional Period, such that each Eligible Entry has an equal chance of winning a Prize.
- There will be eleven (11) draws in total, one for each month in the Promotional Period. The draws will take place at the Promoter's offices at 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 on the following draw dates: a) for Eligible Entries submitted in July 2019, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("July Draw");
- Each Eligible Entrant who submitted an Eligible Entry during the Promotional Period that is drawn by the Promoter in a Draw wins a Prize (each, a "Winner").
- Each Winner will be notified by email by a representative of the Promoter within two (2) Business Days of being drawn as a Winner. The email will include information in relation to claiming their Prize and may request details for the purposes of delivering the Prize. At any time during communication with a Winner or an entrant (whether or not an Eligible Entrant), the Promoter may reasonably request further information from that person, including to verify the identity of the entrant, that the entrant is an Eligible Entrant and that the entrant has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will distribute the Prize to each Winner by mailing the Prize to the Winner's nominated postal address within 28 days of the Draw.
- The name of each Winner will be published on this website.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their correct full name and email address are provided in the course of making the Eligible Entry, and that any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should a Winner or Second Chance Winner (if any) fail to receive a Prize due to a failure to notify the Promoter of the change to these details.
- It is the responsibility of the Winner or Second Chance Winner (if any) to provide their correct personal information in order to receive their Prize.
- The total prize pool is valued at between NZ$11,000 and AU$11,000 (depending on the country each Winner is located).
- The Promoter may, at any time, verify the validity of entries and entrants (whether Eligible Entries and Eligible Entrants or not), and disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process, or who is not otherwise an Eligible Entrant. Errors or omissions may be accepted in the Promoter's absolute discretion.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- If a Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) months of the Promoter's attempts to contact them, is not able to satisfy these Terms and Conditions, or forfeits or fails to accept their Prize, then the Promoter will contact the New Zealand Secretary for Internal Affairs (Secretary) and the relevant Australian regulatory authority (including, in NSW, Liquor and Gaming NSW, in South Australia, Consumer and business Services, in the Northern Territory, the Department of Business, and in the ACT, the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission) (each, a "Department") and will comply with the directions of the Secretary and the relevant Department. With the consent of the Secretary and each Department (as necessary), the Promoter will conduct a re-draw in which the Promoter will draw one (1) Eligible Entry at the same place and in the same way as the Draw was conducted for each Prize that was forfeited or unclaimed by a Winner ("Second Chance Draw"). The Second Chance Draw will take place exactly three (3) months following attempted notification of the Winner at 12pm ("Re-Draw Date"), the winner of which will be the second chance winner ("Second Chance Winner"). The Second Chance Winner will be notified that they have won a Prize in the same manner as each Winner was notified. These Terms and Conditions apply to a Second Chance Winner as if they were a Winner. The names of the Second Chance Winners (if any) will be published in the next available issue of the Insight monthly newsletter following the Second Chance Draw.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant (whether or not otherwise an Eligible Entrant); or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Subject to clause 26, each entrant releases the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the value of a Prize to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any claim, loss, cost or expense in connection with a Prize or any tax liability incurred by an entrant; or (f) any use of a Prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA"), the Commerce Act 1986(NZ) ("CA") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA, CA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into these Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods (ii) repairing the goods (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following; (i) supply the services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of NSW. Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
a) "AU$" is a reference to Australian Dollars.
b) "Business Day" means a day that is not Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in Australia.
c) "immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
d) "NZ$" is a reference to New Zealand Dollars.
e) "Panellist" means a CA ANZ member who has signed up to be a panellist on the CA ANZ Members Insight Panel.
f) "Prize" means one (1) cash prize of AU$100 or NZ$100 (depending on the country each Winner is located).
g) "Survey" means each of the online surveys sent to Panellists during the Promotional Period.
Eligibility and entries
a) be a natural person (and not be a company, business, trust or organisation of any description) and be an Australian or New Zealand resident with an Australian or New Zealand residential address, aged 18 years or over;
b) not be an employee of the Promoter or of any agency associated with this Promotion, or an immediate family member of such a person;
c) be a member of CA ANZ and have registered as a Panellist;
d) have received an email invitation to participate in a Survey; and
e) have completed at least one Survey,
(each eligible entry, an "Eligible Entry" and each eligible entrant, an "Eligible Entrant").
Draw and Prizes
b) for Eligible Entries submitted in August 2019, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("August Draw");
c) for Eligible Entries submitted in September 2019, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("September Draw");
d) for Eligible Entries submitted in October 2019, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("October Draw");
e) for Eligible Entries submitted in November 2019, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("November Draw");
f) for Eligible Entries submitted in January 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("January Draw");
g) for Eligible Entries submitted in February 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("February Draw");
h) for Eligible Entries submitted in March 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("March Draw");
i) for Eligible Entries submitted in April 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("April Draw");
j) or Eligible Entries submitted in May 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("May Draw");
k) for Eligible Entries submitted in June 2020, the draw will take place on the 5th of the following month at 12 pm AEDT ("June Draw");
(each draw date, a "Draw Date" and each draw, a "Draw").
Second Chance Draw
Promotional support is available at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone:0800 4 69422 (within New Zealand)
1300 137 322 (within Australia)
+64 4 474 7840 (International)
Permit number: LTPM/19/04653