- The next intake for Pathway 2 is 1 February 2021. Submit your pre-enrolment form today
- Find the key dates and fees for the 2021 Forensic Accounting Specialist program
- Follow the steps to become a Forensic Accounting Specialist
2021 FA Program Calendar and Fees
|CA ANZ pre-enrolment closes||Wednesday 20 January|
|Macquarie University enrolments open||Monday 11 January|
|Macquarie University enrolments close||Wednesday 27 January|
|Course Commences||Monday 1 February|
|Course Finishes||Monday 29 March|
|Online assessment||Monday 29 March|
|Portfolio interview assessment||Monday 29 March – Wednesday 31 March (by arrangement)|
To be announced
Online course fees
Online course including cost of examination: A$1500 incl. GST
If you prefer assessment by Portfolio Interview, the cost is an additional A$500 incl. GST
Pathway 2 Steps
1. Review requirements
To receive recognition as a Forensic Accounting Specialist through Pathway 2, you must:
- be a Chartered Accountant with at least four years of practical Forensic Accounting experience within the last 10 years, where at least 20% of employment is specifically in Forensic Accounting and an additional 20% is in an area closely related to Forensic Accounting
- successfully complete the online self-study course or face to face workshop conducted through Macquarie University. This involves an assessment undertaken either by sitting an exam or a portfolio interview.
- apply for CA ANZ recognition within five years of completing study
- continue to undertake at least 40% of CPD requirements in forensic accounting as an approved CA Forensic Accounting Specialist.
2. Outline your experience
To get started, register and download the Forensic Accounting Specialisation Pre-enrolment Form for review and approval by CA.
3. Enrol with Macquarie University
Once your pre-enrolment form is approved, CA ANZ will email you a unique link to enrol into Macquarie University online learning.
You will need to confirm the assessment method of either examination or portfolio interview when you enrol. If you choose to enrol in the portfolio interview, you will need to forward the Portfolio Interview Assessment submission to Macquarie University.
When you have successfully completed the course, you can apply for formal recognition as a CA Forensic Accounting Specialist.
4. Apply for recognition
You must apply for recognition as a Forensic Accounting Specialist within 5 years of completing the online course.
Complete and return the Forensic Accounting Specialisation Application for Recognition form, attaching references and education documents.
5. Specialist accreditation
Following a review of your application you will be informed by email if your application has been approved.
Approved applicants will receive:
- an invoice for the Application fee, a once-off payment of A$232
- annual specialist membership fees, A$273 incl. GST pro-rated for the first year
- the CA Forensic Accounting Specialisation signature banner for your promotional use
- a welcome pack containing your approval letter, welcome brochure and your certificate.
Applicants who have been declined will not be charged any fees.
6. Ongoing obligations
To maintain your CA Forensic Accounting Specialist accreditation, you must ensure that at least 40% of your CPD requirement is undertaken in Forensic Accounting.
Start your journey
Register your interest in the program and access the pre-enrolment form.Register
CA Forensic Accounting – Pathway 1
If you are a CA with 2 years practical experience, you may wish to apply for CA Forensic Accounting accreditation through Pathway 1.Find out more