- Follow the steps to become a Forensic Accounting Specialist
- Enrol in Post Graduate study at Macquarie University
- Apply for recognition as a Forensic Accounting Specialist
Pathway 1 Steps
1. Review requirements
To receive recognition as a Forensic Accounting Specialist through Pathway 1, you must:
- be a Chartered Accountant with at least two years of practical forensic accounting experience within the previous five years, where at least 20% of employment is specifically related to forensic accounting and an additional 20% is in an area closely related to forensic accounting.
- successfully complete the five mandatory subjects within a Master of Accounting qualification at Macquarie University
- apply for CA ANZ recognition within five years of completed the five mandatory subjects
- continue to undertake at least 40% of CPD requirements in forensic accounting as an approved CA Forensic Accounting Specialist.
2. Enrol with Macquarie University
Enrol in the Master of Accounting course at Macquarie University and complete the four mandatory subjects identified below.
The four subjects are:
- ACCG8076 Forensics and Data Analytics
- ACCG8077 Forensic Accountants and the Court
- ACCG8078 Investigation Engagements
- ACCG8089 Loss and Damage and Other Dispute Engagements
You can apply for the specialisation accreditation after completing these five subjects. You do not need to wait until receiving the Master qualification. These subjects must be completed within 5 years prior to applying for CA Forensic Accounting Specialist recognition.
3. Apply for recognition
You must apply for recognition as a Forensic Accounting Specialist within 5 years of completing the mandatory subjects, and also fulfil the practical experience requirements.
Complete and return the Forensic Accounting Specialisation Application for Recognition form attaching references and education documents.
4. Specialist accreditation
Following a review of your application you will be informed by email if your application has been approved.
Approved applicants will receive:
- an invoice for the Application fee, a once-off payment of A$232
- annual specialist membership fees, A$273 incl. GST pro-rated for the first year
- the CA Forensic Accounting Specialisation signature banner for your promotional use
- a welcome pack containing your approval letter, welcome brochure and your certificate.
Applicants who have been declined will not be charged the application fee.
5. Ongoing obligations
To maintain your CA Forensic Accounting Specialist accreditation, you must ensure that at least 40% of your CPD requirement is undertaken in Forensic Accounting.
CA Forensic Accounting – Pathway 2
If you are a CA with 4 years practical experience in Forensic Accounting, you may wish to apply for CA Forensic Accounting accreditation through Pathway 2.Find out more
Start your journey
Register your interest in the program and access the pre-enrolment form.Register
Return to the main page
Return to the main page for more information about Forensic Accounting.Click here