- Follow the five steps
- Choose a provider
- Find out about your application
1. Review requirements
You need to be a Chartered Accountant with at least two years of practical forensic accounting experience within the previous five years, where at least 20% of employment is specifically related to forensic accounting and an additional 20% is in an area closely related to forensic accounting. You will also need to complete the Graduate Diploma in Forensic Accounting at Macquarie University within the previous five years. See step 2 for details.
2. Enrol with Macquarie University
Through Macquarie University, you must successfully complete four mandatory subjects as part of the Graduate Diploma of Forensic Accounting:
- Forensic accountingInvestigation engagements
- Investigation engagements
- Loss and damage and other dispute engagements
- Forensic accountants and the court.
These subjects must have been completed within the 5 years prior to applying for CA Forensic Accounting Specialist recognition.
3. Apply for recognition
Complete and return the Forensic Accounting Specialisation Application for Recognition form (attached below), attaching references and education documents.
You'll need to provide two professional references from individuals who can positively attest to your skills and knowledge in business valuations with your application.
Consider the following when choosing your referees:
- One referee must be a Chartered Accountants with at least three years' membership who has known you for 12 months or more.
- The two referees should not be from the same organisation.
- The referees must not be related to you.
Finalise your application by attaching the following:
- a certified copy of your qualification
- an academic transcript related to the qualification which details the subjects you undertook and their successful completion
- the subjects must include the mandatory subjects listed in step 2.
These subjects must incorporate the identified mandatory subjects listed above for your chosen course with either Macquarie University.
4. Application review
Following a review of your application you will be informed by email if you have been declined and you will not be charged any fees.
Alternatively, if approved your invoice confirming payment will be sent by email. You will also receive the CA Forensic Accounting Specialisation signature banner for your promotional use. Following this, you will receive a welcome pack containing your approval letter, welcome brochure and your certificate.
CA Forensic Accounting - Pathway 2
Follow these steps for Pathway 2 - self-study course or workshop programFind out more
Register your interest
Find out about leading the way as a forensic accounting specialistRegister
CA Forensic Accounting Specialisation main page
Return to the main page for more information about Forensic Accounting.Read more