- We are members of the Global Accounting Alliance
- We are affiliated with Chartered Accountants Worldwide
- We are affiliated with a number of other international member bodies
Global Accounting Alliance
Global Accounting Alliance (GAA), represents close to 800,000 of the world’s leading professional accountants in over 165 countries. An alliance of ten leading professional accountancy bodies, the GAA was created to promote quality services, facilitate information sharing and ensure collaboration on important international issues.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand’s membership with the GAA ensures our members have access to a range of reciprocal benefits with affiliated institutes around the world. This includes access to restricted areas of affiliated institutes’ websites, networking opportunities, training and development and publications at member rates.
Simply contact the institute of the country you are visiting for more detail on the benefits you can access locally as a member.
If you are living in Australia or New Zealand, or just passing through, take advantage of the wide range of services and benefits that Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand provide by contacting us and providing your membership number of the GAA organisation you belong to.
Visit the GAA website for more information.GAA Website
Chartered Accountants Worldwide
Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) brings together the leading institutes of Chartered Accountants from around the world, creating a community of over 1.8 million Chartered Accountants and students in more than 185 countries.
CAW continues to build Chartered Accountants’ position as the professional designation of choice among business leaders, financial experts and accounting specialists.
Affiliation with Chartered Accountants Worldwide offers our members:
- A global platform to promote the expertise of Chartered Accountants
- The ability to maximise opportunities to work anywhere around the world and greater opportunity to connect and network with your peers
- Worldwide access to member facilities in other partner institutes including events, technical information, business centres, libraries, information services, websites and newsletters
Learn more about CAWLearn More
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. It offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
ACCA supports its 188,000 members and 480,000 students in 178 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills required by employers. ACCA works through a network of 100 offices and centres and more than 7,110 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development. Through its public interest remit, ACCA promotes appropriate regulation of accounting and conducts relevant research to ensure accountancy continues to grow in reputation and influence.
Learn more about our alliance with ACCARead more
In addition to Chartered Accountants Worldwide and the GAA, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is affiliated with:
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
- World Congress of Accountants (WCOA)
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Australian Accounting Standards Board (AUASB)
- International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Setting Board (IPSASB)
- International Fiscal Association
- United States National Association of State Boards of Accountancy