- WA AGM
- Life Membership Awarded to Ross Ledger AM FCA
- Upcoming events
- Update on engagement
Regional Manager Update
WA members came together on 14th October for our Annual Ordinary Meeting of Members. Operating under social distancing conditions, it was great to see members again in the office function rooms, and members received an update from WA Regional Council, the WA Regional Team and from President Peter Rupp on behalf of the Trans-Tasman organisation. Thank you to all members in attendance and it was great to see you all.
As part of the agenda, the recent results of the election of members to the WA Council was announced, and we look forward to welcoming Linda Lim FCA (Woodside) and Michael Carey CA (Shell) who will be joining Council from January 2021. Members will have also received information on nominating for the last remaining position to be appointed to WA Council, and nominations are being received until 5pm WAST on 6th November. To find out more about the above position, the nomination process, or for a nomination form, please click here.
Life Membership Awarded to Ross Ledger AM FCA
Also this month, it was an honour and a privilege to be a part of an award celebration on 2nd October, conferring a life membership last week to WA’s own Ross Ledger AM FCA. This was a very well-deserved accolade for Ross and to our knowledge this honour has only ever been awarded once before to a WA member. We congratulate Ross on this wonderful achievement.
Bernie Tamihere CA
WA Regional Manager
Update on engagement
The WA Events Delivery team are starting to plan face to face events again for later in the year and continue to work on delivering National and Trans-Tasman events with other Trans-Tasman Event Delivery teams. Our WA members will continue to have access to a wide selection of events, both virtual, and face to face in due course.
We recently hosted a Building Knowledge session giving an update on the Research and Development Tax Incentive with Steven Elias and Christine Francisco CA giving an informative and insightful presentation. There were over 120 registrations from across Australia and the session was very well received.
We can only feature a few events here, but you can check our Education Store at any time to see what other offerings are available. Also don't forget to keep your communication preferences updated in your My CA portal to ensure you are receiving the communications relevant to you.
National Resources Community: Impact on Supply Chain Post COVID-19 – 5 November
In this session we will cover the Critical Minerals Facilitation Office as the Australian Government's central coordination point to:
- Help grow Australia's critical minerals sector
- Position Australia globally as a secure, reliable and ethical supplier of critical mineralsThe CMFO key activities include:
- Leading development of the National Critical Minerals Development Roadmap
- Supporting research and development in partnership with the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation and Geoscience Australia
- Promoting investment and identifying opportunities in partnership with Austrade and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Ensuring Australia’s policy and regulatory settings support investment and unlock downstream opportunities
- Improving access to information on regulatory approvals, funding and investment
- Facilitating strategically important critical minerals projects
- Partnering with other countries to build global supply chains
National SMSF Conference Online – 9, 10, 16, 17 November
Join us online and get equipped with valuable strategies and key takeaways which will empower you with the tools necessary to advise your clients with confidence and accuracy, in a rapidly changing SMSF industry.
The conference aims to be an invaluable practical experience for SMSF professionals, advisors and auditors from around the country.
- Identify the legislative and regulatory changes that may affect your clients and describe their impact
- Interpret the implications of legislative and regulatory changes on client matters
- Develop and formulate strategies that may assist in managing the effect of legislative and regulatory changes
- Understand what SMSF strategies are available to clients
- Obtain the required practical knowledge to execute those strategies.
Forensic Accounting Conference Online 2020 - 10, 11, 18, 26 November
Designed in collaboration with the Forensic Accounting Committee, this flagship event of the CA ANZ education program brings together a specialist group within an environment of shared learning.
Through a user-friendly online portal, delegates can interact, ask questions and clarify areas of particular interest. The content will cover important topics such as:
- Industry trends and changes
- Class actions
- Whistle-blower legislation
- Allocating class action losses
- Ponzi schemes
- How technology will affect Forensic Accounting
- Taxation issues in damages assessments
For more information about any upcoming event please email our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org