- Regional Manager’s Update
- Events Recap
- Upcoming events
Regional Manager’s Update
November has been an interesting mix of both looking forward and back.
During the month many of your Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and Local Committees (were Local Leadership Teams) have come together in planning sessions to review what was successful in 2019 and how we will build on that success in 2020. In all of them the committee members are focussed on what members need and how best they can provide that knowledge. All are positive and energised for the coming year with good plans in place.
We are also rolling into the last meetings of the year for most of these committees and these invariably include some sort of celebration of the successes of the past year. Again, they are highly enjoyable as they celebrate members delivering knowledge to members.
The Local Committees in the region are all in good health heading for the new year. Over the Dec / Jan period the Local Leadership Teams will become Local Committees with each member appointed to a 1, 2, or 3-year term by the Regional Council. Volunteers and nominations for membership have been positive with all the Committees having new and existing members volunteering.
The year ahead looks exciting in regard to the SIGs and LCs offerings.
XRB update: Review of the New Zealand Accounting Standards Framework
The XRB has conducted a Targeted Review of the New Zealand Accounting Standards Framework and issued a Discussion Paper to receive people’s feedback. On 11 November, we had a dozen of engaged members coming along to the feedback session. Anthony Heffernan, Director of Accounting Standards at XRB facilitated the event.
Whanganui Gala Dinner
We have had great turn out at the 2019 Whanganui Gala Dinner. ACA and CA Certificate recipients, a 25 year and 50-year milestone recipient and their families and friends have filled up the beautiful Wanganui Golf club with incredible views overlooking the course as our venue and our Past President Cassandra Crowley officiating it was a lovely evening.
Building Knowledge Event: Clean as Whistle – Lessons for NZ
4 December 2019 at 8:00 AM
Launch of a report detailing New Zealand results from the Whistling While They Work 2 project, which is one of the largest pieces of research on whistleblowing ever undertaken.
Speaker: Michael Macaulay (Professor of Public Administration – Victoria Business School).
Wellington Young Accountants SIG series: Find your strengths and drive your career
Each session runs from 5pm to 6pm. Complimentary pizza and networking drinks afterward.
Prize draw: one Apple Watch Series 3 to be won at each session.
Price: Complimentary for CAANZ Members. Non-Members: $15.
SIG Events coming up:
- Tuesday 19 November - FIN SIG Event – The Evolving Banking Environment (David Tripe)
- Thursday 21 November – Capital CFO Annual Dinner: The value of classical music – A Symphony of numbers (Adán Tijerina)
- Thursday 5 December – WAG SIG Event – Lean a little, Give a little, Charity Christmas Event (Women of Worth, Samaritans NZ, Child Rescue.
- Wednesday 26 February Wairarapa Back to Work Breakfast 2020 7.30am-9.00am
- Wednesday 22 April Wairarapa SIG event 12.00pm-1.30pm.
Manawatu and Whanganui Events
- Thursday 28 November Horowhenua Members Lunch with Horowhenua Trust Deputy Chair, Antony Young 12.00-2.00pm
- Friday 29 November 12.00pm Economic Snapshot Shamubeel Eaqub (Delivered in Conjunction with IoD)
- Thursday 13 February 5.30pm-7.00pm Manawatu Meet your LC & Back to Work Networking
- Monday 17 February 9.00am- 11.00am Palmerston North Public Practice Roadshow
- Monday 20 April 9.00am-12.00pm Palmerston North Tax Roadshow.
- Thursday 5 March 5.30pm- 7.00pm Whanganui Meet your LC & Back to Work Networking.