- International Accountants Day is celebrated each year on 10 November
- Accounting is vital to business success
- Take the time to celebrate the valuable work accountants do
International Accountants Day, which is celebrated on 10 November each year, is an opportunity to acknowledge the great work accountants do to make businesses thrive, support the economy, and help people navigate the complexities of finance.
Chartered Accountants ANZ marks International Accountants Day (sometimes known as International Accounting Day) each year with a social media campaign to raise the awareness and visibility of CA members and highlight the difference they make in their communities.
The 10 November date commemorates the day in 1494 that Venetian mathematician Luca Bartolomeo de Pacioli published his critical work Summa de arithmetica, geometria, proportioni et proportionalita, which translates to "everything about arithmetic, geometry and proportion", and included analysis and documentation of bookkeeping practices. This publication was the foundation for further advancement of accounting and positioned de Pacioli as "The Father of Accounting."
It's an opportunity to recognise the great work accountants do to make businesses thrive, support the economy, and help navigate people through the complexities of finance.
Accounting is vital to business success, so taking the time to mark the occasion is an important signal to your team and the broader business community. Your celebration can be as big or as small as suits you and your business. Here are a few ideas on how you can celebrate:
- Host a morning or afternoon tea with your broader team to showcase for your non-accounting staff the valuable work Chartered Accountants do for your business
- Arrange an event to share knowledge and inform the business of the role accountants play in your business
- Take photos or videos of your team thanking your accounting staff for their great work
- Take photos or video of your accounting team celebrating International Accountants Day, or another business win
- Attend a networking or CPD event for accounting professionals to connect with like-minded accountants and further your knowledge
- Highlight the wins your accountants have delivered for you or your business internally through your company email or intranet
- Share publicly the wins and benefits of having great accountants in your business in social media posts on your business' preferred platforms
- Share photos or video of International Accountants Day activities on your business social media and internal channels.
Would you like to share your International Accountants Day celebrations and all things accounting with Chartered Accountants ANZ? Share your photos, videos, and stories on social media using #InternationalAccountantsDay and tag Chartered Accountants on your preferred platforms.
Would you like to share your International Accountants Day celebrations and all things accounting with Chartered Accountants ANZ? Share your photos, videos, and stories on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #InternationalAccountantsDay and tag Chartered Accountants on your preferred platforms.
Find more ways to celebrate your team
#AuditorProud Day is held each September as a way to share the great work of the auditing worldAre you #AuditorProud?