- International Accountants Day is celebrated each year on 10 November
- Accounting is vital to business success
- Take the time to celebrate the valuable work accountants do
International Accountants Day, which is celebrated on 10 November each year, is an opportunity to acknowledge the great work accountants do to make businesses thrive, support the economy, and help people navigate the complexities of finance.
Chartered Accountants ANZ marks International Accountants Day (sometimes known as International Accounting Day) each year with a social media campaign to raise the awareness and visibility of CA members and highlight the difference they make in their communities.
It's an opportunity to recognise the great work accountants do to make businesses thrive, support the economy, and help navigate people through the complexities of finance.
International Accountants Day Resources
We have prepared resources for you to download via My CA including a tool kit and social media images to useVisit My CA
Accounting is vital to business success, so taking the time to mark the occasion is an important signal to your team and the broader business community. Your celebration can be as big or as small as suits you, your business and your local COVID-19 restrictions. Here are a few ideas on how you may choose to celebrate:
- Host a digital showcase for your non-accounting staff, demonstrating the valuable work Chartered Accountants do for your business, or highlight the wins your CAs have delivered for your business internally through your company email or intranet
- Arrange an event to celebrate International Accountants Day and share knowledge or inform the business of the role accountants play in your business
- Take photos or videos of your team thanking your accounting staff for their great work, or of your accounting team celebrating a business win
- Post photos to your business social media accounts congratulating employees who have newly become Chartered Accountants
- Share photos or video of International Accountants Day activities on your business social media and internal channels.
- Attend networking or CPD events for accounting professionals to connect with like-minded accountants and further your knowledge
The 10 November date commemorates the day in 1494 that Venetian mathematician Luca Bartolomeo de Pacioli published his critical work Summa de arithmetica, geometria, proportioni et proportionalita, which translates to "everything about arithmetic, geometry and proportion", and included analysis and documentation of bookkeeping practices. This publication was the foundation for further advancement of accounting and positioned de Pacioli as "The Father of Accounting."
Would you like to share your International Accountants Day celebrations and all things accounting with Chartered Accountants ANZ? Share your photos, videos, and stories on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #InternationalAccountantsDay and @tag Chartered Accountants ANZ on your preferred platforms.
If you use hashtags #InternationalAccountantsDay, #CAANZ, #DifferenceMakers, or @tag the Chartered Accountants ANZ profile, we may feature your posts on CA ANZ’s social media posts, stories, or website to highlight members celebrating International Accountants Day.
Accounting for Climate Change
The accounting profession has a significant role to play in climate change mitigation and adaptation.Read more
Discover international opportunities
Professional partnerships and joint research offers insights and growth opportunities for Chartered Accountants ANZ members.
Analytics and Finance in Accounting
Joint research with alliance partner ACCA demonstrates using analytics to drive business forwardRead more
Winning in Asia
New joint research with Asialink discusses creating long term value doing business in Asia.Read more