- Australia’s Federal Budget handed down on 2 April forecasts a return to surplus of $7.1 billion next financial year
- Taxes will be a key battleground in the federal election with the Budget proposing deep cuts to personal income tax
- CA ANZ Tax Leader Michael Croker CA and Superannuation Leader Tony Negline CA will continue to update this page with expert analysis and commentary
The Coalition handed down a pre-election budget promising $158 billion of personal income tax cuts over a decade, small business tax concessions and large infrastructure spending aimed at easing congestion in cities.
The Budget ensures tax will be a key battleground in the May 2019 Federal election.
The opposition Australian Labor Party has already announced its own ambitious tax agenda if it wins government.
Federal Budget Insights Report 2019-20
Thomson Reuters' "SPECIAL ISSUE - 2019 FEDERAL BUDGET REPORT'Download the report
Cashed-up Coalition aims to entice voters
The 2019 Budget seeks to position the Coalition government as the economic manager Australians can trust and includes the biggest personal tax cuts since the Howard years.
Learn more about the Infographic
Find out the meaning for the individual icons here.Find out more
Commentary and Opinion
- Sky News TV Interview: Government should look seriously at GST 'widening'
- Radio Interview: Michael Croker delves into the Federal Budget
- Triple M Radio Interview: Michael Croker on the highlights of the Federal Budget
- Media release: Chartered Accountants ANZ welcomes adoption of advocated super policy
- Budget needs to clarify Super Guarantee amnesty: accountants
- Super Review: Accountants call for removal of contribution caps
- SMSF Adviser: ECPI measures proposed to target tax manipulation
- Media Release: Time to embrace our online business community
- Australia should talk up its online business future, say chartered accountants
- Legal disputes feared with uncertainty around death benefits
- Chartered Accountants confirm FASEA approach
- CA ANZ pushes for SMSF actuarial certificate change
- Government pushed for Div 7A clarity in federal budget
Research and Insights
Strategic Tax Planning Day 2019
Join us at our upcoming Strategic Tax Planning Day to hear from CA ANZ’s senior leaders who will be giving their official response to the budget and take a deep-dive look into the tax implications that could arise from the Federal Election.Find out more