- Both the Australia and New Zealand specific reports contain benchmarking and research insights
- These reports will assist you in comparing a company's performance with industry benchmarks
- Additionally stay up-to-date with industry trends and pinpoint areas that could be improved upon
CA ANZ has collaborated with the University of Melbourne and the University of Queensland to release the third annual set of benchmarking and data-driven research reports.
The jurisdiction-specific reports provide benchmarks for various financial metrics for ASX and NZX listed entities, compared to global counterparts. These benchmarks are categorised into high, normal, and low values, based on data from two benchmark periods – 2014 to 2021 and 2022. We produce benchmarks for every Global Industry Classification Standards (GICS) sector, and for Australia, these are further divided into four size categories – large, medium, small, and micro - within each GICS sector.
By breaking down individual line items, these reports can assist directors, company management, auditors, and regulators in:
- Comparing a company's overall competitiveness, efficiency, and productivity
- Identify areas that need improvement in the business
- Assess the integrity of financial reporting by comparing key estimates against industry peers
- Analyse past performance risk, capital structure and investment decisions
- Assist in organising plans, budgets, forecasting and valuations
- Discover how companies in Australia and New Zealand stack up against businesses worldwide.
Please note that these benchmarks are only intended to offer general information and should not be considered a substitute for professional advice based on your specific circumstances. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in these reports, and any use or reliance on them is solely at your own risk.