- CA ANZ has launched a package of reports including benchmark reports for Australia and New Zealand
- Compare a company’s performance with industry benchmarks
- Understand industry trends and identify areas for improvement
Prepared in partnership with the University of Melbourne and the University of Queensland, CA ANZ has published a package of annual benchmarking and data-driven research insights reports.
The jurisdiction-specific reports provide benchmarks of high, normal and low values for a wide range of financial metrics for ASX and NZX listed entities respectively compared to the rest of the world.
Two benchmark periods are reported: 2013 to 2020 and 2021. Benchmarks are produced for each Global Industry Classification Standards (GICS) sector, and for Australia, this is further divided into four size categories (large, medium, small and micro) within each GICS sector.
By itemising line items, the reports can help Directors, Company Management, Auditors and Regulators to:
- Compare a company's overall competitiveness, efficiency, and productivity
- Recognise areas for business improvement
- Assess the integrity of financial reporting by comparing key estimates against industry peers
- Analyse past performance risk, capital structure and investment decisions
- Facilitate planning, budgeting, forecasting and valuations
- Gain insight into how Australian and New Zealand companies compare with their global counterparts
These benchmarks are intended to provide general information only and are not intended to provide or substitute for professional advice based on knowledge of information relevant to your particular circumstances. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in these benchmarks. Any use or reliance on these benchmarks is at a person’s own risk.