The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment called for submissions on the discussion document for implementation of the Insolvency Practitioners Regulation Act 2019.In particular, the discussion document included proposals to:
- Prescribe minimum standards for the accreditation of bodies
- Set standard conditions for the accreditation of bodies
- Make policies for the modification of conditions for accredited bodies
- Make policies for the accreditation process
- Make directions for annual reports and confirmations by accredited bodies
Our submission, lodged on 19 December 2019, consisted of responses to specific questions raised by the Ministry, and revolved around the main theme of consistency with other existing regimes both in New Zealand and Australia.