CA ANZ has provided feedback to Treasury on the data standard and disclosure framework that will support the initial testing phase of the MBR program. In the 30 March 2021 submission, CA ANZ:
- Noted the importance for directors to comply with the Corporations Act 2001 and suggested further clarification is incorporated within future guidance materials that only in very exceptional circumstances that the Registrar would consider permitting an application for a director ID by someone on behalf of the individual
- Suggested that the types of director information required by individual PGPA (Public Governance, Performance and Accountability) bodies, courts and tribunals is further considered.
Although outside the scope of the consultation, CA ANZ also outlined important considerations for Treasury to consider as the MBR program evolves:
- collaboration with other Government agencies, across various communication channels, continue awareness raising of MBR
- providing as much practical information as possible in the lead up to the transitional phase of the director ID program
- transparency in relation to what information will ultimately be publicly searchable within the MBR about a director.
Resources to assist Chartered Accountants play vital roles in supporting businesses, organisations and communities while reinventing the way we workFind out more