CA ANZ recently provided feedback to Inland Revenue on their draft ‘question we’ve been asked’ (QWBA) which considered whether the following supplies wholly or partly consist of land for the compulsory zero-rating rules:
- the sale of transferable development rights;
- the sale of standing timber;
- the sale of a purchaser’s interest in a sale and purchase agreement for land; and
- the grant of a licence to use land.
CA ANZ supports the publication of this QWBA. Our submission discusses:
- The interpretation of a right that gives rise to an interest in land
- Transferable development rights and;
- Time of supply.
The submission was lodged on 3 November 2020.