Overall, CA ANZ support the publication of this statement. It will be helpful to taxpayers and advisors.
Our submissions are:
- We recommend the issue be referred to Inland Revenue Policy and Strategy for their consideration.
- The conclusion in the draft QWBA that much of the work required to meet the Healthy Homes standards will form part of the residential rental building requires further explanation.
- The statements regarding the battery-powered smoke alarms appear to be contradictory.
- The draft QWBA should confirm that the cost of replacing all existing insulation in a residential rental property to comply with Healthy Homes standards will be deductible, and an example be added on this subject.
- The discussion regarding expenditure on fitting draught excluders to external doors or blocking an unused chimney should be clarified and explained.