What can I find in the Tools and Resource Hub?
The Tools and Resources hub is a platform with tools and resources designed to help you to service your clients and run and grow your business. This hub contains tools and resources most used by members in practice.
Where can I find tools and resources if I’m not working in a practice?
Members working in corporate or not-for-profit organisations, or the Public Sector, can locate relevant tools and resources through CA Library’s Tools, Templates and Guidance page (https://library.charteredaccountantsanz.com/tools).
Practice tools and resources will still be available in CA Library for a transitional period.
If I don’t work in a practice, can I still use these Tools and Resource Hub?
Even if you do not work in a practice, you may still find relevant resources and tools in this hub. You will also find more adapted content in our CA Library available here:
How do I provide feedback or suggest a new tool or resource for the Tools and Resource Hub?
You can provide feedback through an email to the team or by talking with one of the library team: either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0800 469 422 (NZ) / 1300 137 322 (AU) and ask to speak to a member of the Library team.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions as we work to prioritise and provide you with the most relevant tools and resources.
Where can I find the Members Handbook, the Code of Ethics and professional standards?
It depends what type of pronouncement you are looking for, and which country you are in.
For CA ANZ and NZICA pronouncements, such as the CA ANZ Supplemental Royal Charter, By-Laws and Regulations and the NZICA Code of Ethics, Rules and professional engagement standards:
- CA ANZ member obligations: https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/member-services/member-obligations
- All NZICA specific pronouncements and guidance: https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/member-services/member-obligations/regulations-and-guidance/new-zealand-regulations/nzica-rules-and-code-of-ethics
Accounting, auditing and assurance standards in Australia and New Zealand, and professional and ethical standards in Australia, are externally issued pronouncements maintained by the relevant bodies.
- APESB professional and ethical standards and guidance including APES 110 Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- AASB financial reporting/accounting standards and related pronouncements
- AUASB auditing and assurance standards and guidance
- NZASB financial reporting/accounting standards and guidance
- NZAuASB auditing and assurance standards and guidance
- XRB the independent Crown Entity responsible for accounting and auditing & assurance standards in New Zealand
- IESBA international Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and related guidance and resources
- IAASB international auditing, assurance, and quality control standards and related guidance and resources
- IFRS international financial reporting and accounting standards, and related guidance and resources
How can I find toolkits, checklists and templates?
The hub contains a range of tools and resources. If you are most interested in practical tools that you can download and adapt to your practice, then change the filters to only list these:
- Click ‘filter’ (to the left of the blue ‘search’)
- Click ‘content type’
- Click on the tick boxes next to ‘toolkit’, ‘template’, ‘checklist’.
As a number of tools contain a combination of templates and checklists your search is most likely to find the result you are seeking by clicking on all three tool content types.
What can I find in the CA Library?
Members working in Corporate, Not for Profit organisations and the Public Sector can still locate relevant tools and resources through CA Library’s Tools, Templates and Guidance page. Practice tools and resources will still be available in CA Library for a transitional period.
All members and provisional members will continue to have access to other online resources including articles, journals, eBooks, and audiobooks through CA Library. The Library Team is available to assist with research requests and help with locating relevant resources including tools, templates and guidance.
Where can I find an engagement letter?
Engagement letter tools are available here:
- Australia: https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/tools-and-resources/practice-management/running-your-practice/engagement-letter-tool-australia
- New Zealand: https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/tools-and-resources/practice-management/running-your-practice/engagement-letter-tool-new-zealand
How do I navigate the Tools and Resource Hub? How can I look at everything available?
There are a number of ways you can search or browse for content:
- Type a key word or phrase into the search bar, to the left of the blue ‘search’
- Browse by topic, immediately under the search bar. If you click on the phrase ‘browse by topic’ you will see the menu of all the topics and sub-topics
- When you are looking at a list of tools, you will see a menu appear to the left and you can click on this to see all the sub-topics
- Click on a ‘show all’ button and scroll through all the tools and resources in the category.
How do I get help?
Alternatively the Library Team is available to assist with research requests and help with locating relevant resources including tools, templates and guidance. You can contact the library team by email here: email@example.com or by phone:
1300 137 322
02 929 05680
0800 469 422
04 474 7882
Why can I only see tools and resources for Australia/New Zealand; is there a Geolocation system or the Tools and Resource Hub?
The hub provides you with a view of the tools and resources identified as relevant to your country or global. If you would like to widen your search click ‘filter’ (to the left of the blue ‘search’) and expand the location by clicking on the other country.
What if I have forgotten my My CA password?
If you have forgotten your My CA username or password, you can contact the Member Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reset your My CA password online through the login process by clicking on the “forgot my password” link.
Are these Tools & Resources on the Tools and Resource Hub free of charge?
All the resources are free of charge for our provisional and full members.
Is the Tools and Resource Hub only available to member?
The T&R Hub content is mainly for CA ANZ members, but non-members can still find free content depending on the topic you are looking for.
What devices can I access the Tools and Resource Hub on?
The Tools & Resources Hub can be accessed on any device that uses a browser and has access to the internet.
Tools and Resources
Easy to find and use, CA ANZ provides you with trusted Tools and Resources, designed to help you to service your clients and grow your business.Tools and Resources