MICPA x CA ANZ Qualifying Programme to full CA ANZ membership

Depending on when you completed your MICPA qualification you could be eligible to apply for full membership straight away!

There are two possible pathways to CA ANZ membership for MICPA members depending on when you finished your MICPA qualification (i.e. Graduates of the MICPA Professional Program pre-July 2009 or Graduates of the MICPA x CA ANZ Qualifying Programme post-July 2009) as detailed below.

MICPA Step 1 MICPA Step 2


Step 1: Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)

For Graduates of the MICPA Professional Program (pre July 2009):

MICPA members who completed the MICPA Professional Program offered prior to July 2009 can apply for reciprocal CA ANZ CA membership via special admission if they meet the following criteria:

  • be a current full member of MICPA in good standing
  • gained membership through the previous MICPA Professional Program and not through a third-party arrangement)
  • have professional (post-admission) experience of not less than 3 years in the case of an applicant who has graduated from a tertiary institution, or 5 years in any other case.

  • A Letter of Good Standing from MICPA. The letter must be dated within 3 months of the date of your application for membership and confirm:
  • that you are a current full member in good standing
  • the date you were admitted to full membership
  • your membership number
  • that your membership was gained through the standard examination pathway.
  • Evidence of your identity. This should be in the form of a colour copy of your biographic passport page, driver’s licence, national identity card, birth certificate, citizenship certification or proof of age card. We will also accept colour copies of certificates of identity, refugee travel document, emergency travel documents or citizenship certificates as proof of identity. If you are a citizen of Singapore, do not include a copy of your National Identity card.
  • Current CV/ Resume and Employer Letters evidencing 3 years of post-admission professional experience (university graduate) or 5 years of post-admission professional experience (non-university graduate).
  • Certified copy of official degree transcript or certificate
  • Two CA references from CA ANZ Members (please use the below reference form). Consideration can be made if one of the two references is from a full member of a GAA body that we hold a reciprocal arrangement with or an FCCA member of ACCA.

Special Admission to Membership - Member Reference

New Zealand-based applicants
  • All applicants living in New Zealand must upload a Ministry of Justice report dated within the last 6 months with their application.
  • If you have spent a period of 12 months or more during the past 10 years living in a different country, you will also need to provide a current police report from that country.

For Graduates of the MICPA x CA ANZ Qualifying Programme (post-July 2009):

MICPA members who complete the MICPA x CA ANZ Qualifying Programme, including all practical experience requirements set by MICPA can apply for full CA ANZ membership.

Learn more about the MICPA x CA ANZ Qualifying Programme here.

Back to top

Step 2: Apply for Full CA ANZ Membership

For MICPA Professional Program Graduates (pre July 2009):

Complete the Application for Special Admission to Membership Form

Please read the application form carefully to understand all of our entry requirements.

For MICPA x CA ANZ Programme Graduates (post-July 2009):

When applying online you will be required to upload:

  • A Professional Reference form and Member Reference form
  • A letter of good standing dated within 3 months of the date of your application confirming that you are a MICPA member in good standing, the date you were admitted to full membership and how admission was gained (by examination or reciprocal agreement).

Please note you are not required to evidence completion of practical experience when applying for full CA ANZ membership. Full membership of MICPA satisfies this requirement.

Processing times are approximately 20 business days except during peak periods where longer processing times may occur. 

Back to top

Full CA ANZ Membership

More information on the benefits of full CA ANZ membership.

Find out More


In addition to applying for membership to CA ANZ you will need to apply for a Certificate of Public Practice (CPP) if you plan to provide services to the public as a Chartered Accountant. You may also apply for Audit Rights to enable you the right to practice and perform audit duties in Australia and New Zealand if you are living in Australia or New Zealand.

Apply for Certificate of Public Practice (CPP)

More information on the certificate of public practice.

Read More

Apply for Audit Rights

More information on Audit Rights.

Read More

Search related topics