There are two possible pathways to CA ANZ membership for MICPA members depending on when you finished your MICPA Program studies (i.e. Graduates of the MICPA / CA ANZ Program post July 2009 or Graduates of the MICPA Professional Program pre July 2009) as detailed below.
Step 1: Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
For Graduates of the MICPA / CA ANZ Professional Program (post July 2009):
- You will need to complete four CA ANZ Program / equivalent MICPA Program modules:
Audit and Assurance
Financial Reporting and Accounting
Management Accounting and Applied Finance
And MICPA Advanced Taxation Module
For Graduates of the MICPA Professional Program (pre July 2009):
- You must be a current full member of good standing of MICPA
- You must have gained membership through the Professional Program
- You must have completed at least 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Provide two written references
Step 2: Apply for Full CA ANZ Membership
For MICPA / CA ANZ Program Graduates (post July 2009):
- Apply for Full CA ANZ Membership via the online portal.
When applying online you will be required to upload:
- A Professional Reference form and Member Reference form
- A letter of good standing dated within 3 months of the date of your application confirming that you are a MICPA member in good standing, the date you were admitted to full membership and how admission was gained (By examination or reciprocal agreement).
Please note you are not required to evidence completion of practical experience when applying for full CA ANZ membership. Full membership of MICPA satisfies this requirement.
For MICPA Professional Program Graduates (pre July 2009):
- Apply for Full CA ANZ Membership by completing the Application for Special Admission to Membership by Members of MICPA and send it to: email@example.com
Processing times are approximately 20 business days except during peak periods where longer processing times may occur.
Full CA ANZ Membership
More information on the benefits of full CA ANZ membership.Find out More
In addition to applying for membership to CA ANZ you will need to apply for a Certificate of Public Practice (CPP) if you plan to provide services to the public as a Chartered Accountant. You may also apply for Audit Rights to enable you the right to practice and perform audit duties in Australia and New Zealand if you are living in Australia or New Zealand.
Apply for Certificate of Public Practice (CPP)
More information on the certificate of public practice.Read More
Apply for Audit Rights
More information on Audit Rights.Read More