- The 2018 CA ANZ President’s Prize will be awarded to a young Chartered Accountant who has advanced both the profession and supported their local community
- Seven Young Regional Advocates from Australia will go in the running for the prize, which includes $1000 for a charity of their choice
- The winner of the prize will be announced at the end of this month
Seven Australian Chartered Accountants have been nominated for the newest award for young members from Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
CA ANZ is proud to announce the launch of the 2018 CA ANZ President's Prize recognising outstanding young Chartered Accountants around the world who demonstrate passion for the profession and serve the community in their capacity as a CA.
Selected by the President of CA ANZ, the prize will be awarded to a member under 35 who has made contributions to the profession through professional panels or committees, represented the profession at events or has mentored young members and students interested in accounting.
"We are thrilled to be launching the CA ANZ President's Prize which will recognise the next generation of leaders for the future accounting profession."
Nominees must also demonstrate contributions to the community like participation in governance for not for profits, volunteering their professional skills or mentoring.
A total 12 members have been nominated for the award from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and the UK, all of whom have been recognised as Young Regional Advocates for their local region.
Seven of the nominees are Australian Chartered Accountants, selected from states and territories across Australia. The Australian nominees are:
- Aaron Brewin CA – Australian Capital Territory
- Camille Woodward CA – New South Wales
- Elisha Caffery CA – Queensland
- Luke Kerins CA – South Australia
- Julia Farrell CA – Tasmania
- Lucy Rucinska-Stanek CA – Victoria
- Meagan Hamblin CA – Western Australia
Jane Stanton, President of CA ANZ congratulated all the Chartered Accountants who have been nominated for the award.
"We are thrilled to be launching the 2018 CA ANZ President's Prize which will recognise the next generation of leaders for the future accounting profession," Ms Stanton said.
"It is fantastic to have nominees from regions all over the world, because it really demonstrates the outstanding community of professionals we have right across the globe."
"Not only have our Young Regional Advocates demonstrated exemplary career credentials, but they have also been active in the community with their professional abilities."
The winner of the CA ANZ President's Prize will be featured in Acuity magazine and be awarded a $1000 donation for a charity of their choice.
The winner of the President's Prize will be announced on 29 November and presented at a ceremony in early 2019.
CA ANZ President's Prize
Read more about the winner of the 2018 CA ANZ President's Prize, Meagan Hamblin CA from Western Australia.Read More