- Regional manager update
- Upcoming events
- Highlights from November
Regional manager update
Coming on Wednesday 13 December at Munchen bar from 5pm. This year the Young Chartered Accountant Wellington (YCAW) group is hosting end of year Capstone drinks and invite all those on the CA Program that have been working hard throughout the year.
Well done guys and enjoy the drinks on Wednesday. Hear from Cormac Denton, Chief Financial Officer at Wellington Hospitality Group. You wouldn’t describe Cormac as your typcial chartered accountant. He continues to push the boundaries of the accountancy stereotype and is leading the finance function of Wellington's biggest and fastest growing hospitality group.
Christmas Drinks for all Wellington volunteers
We are always trying to meet member’s needs so this year we are hosting a thank-you for our many volunteers rather than a general Christmas function for members. This includes all of our Local Leadership Team (LLT) members, Special Interest Group (SIG) Committee members (and guest speakers), Regional Councillors, Student Brand Champs and anyone else who has assisted us to deliver services during the year.
A huge thanks to all volunteers with drinks here at Wellington offices in the Conference Centre Thursday 7 December. And maybe a note to self to think about becoming involved with one of these member groups next year?
Mike’s Hot Tip and getting hotter
I’ve been on the road in the last week and it’s clear that the weather has turned in Wellington, Manawatu, Whanganui and Masterton. Mike’s Hot Tip is that we are going to have a cracker of a summer so stay safe in the sun and on the roads this Christmas so you can come to CA ANZ events in the New Year.
- Thursday 7 December, Wellington volunteers Christmas drinks
- Wednesday 13 December, Capstone/YCAW end of year drinks
- Tuesday 19 December, Wellington women accountants: Christmas gift
Register for these events
Follow this link to the Education StoreFor more information
Highlights from November
Future[inc]:The Future of Talent
On Tuesday 21 November the New Zealand launch of the ‘Future of Talent’ was held in Wellington with over 100 people registering for the event.
Our guest speaker was Employment Minister Willie Jackson who shared fresh insights on future talent by talking about the importance of dignity and cultural understanding in the workforce and the benefits to the New Zealand economy and prosperity.
Peter Vial facilitated the panel consisting of Susan Price and Rosalea Paterson (PwC) Paul Helm (Treasury), Rob Woodward (Find Recruitment), Greg Sheehan (Xero), Karl Stafford (Victoria University).
There was a lively debate with discussion often coming back to the need to prepare for seismic change in our work practices.
New members ceremony and milestone celebration
New members ceremony opened on Wednesday 15 November with an inspiring speech from Financial Controller of Z Energy Ben Rodgers. This time we had a joint event with members who were celebrating their 25 and 40 Year Milestone with Chartered Accountants ANZ. Vice President Jane Stanton from Australia joined us to present the 19 new members and 11 milestone members with their certificates. It was a great night celebrated by members and their families, one they will remember for years to come.
Anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism
On Thursday 23 November, Wairarapa professionals came together during lunch to hear from CA ANZ and 2Shakes Limited, a cloud-based client on-boarding supplier based in Wellington. The delegation found out more about AML/CFT Phase 2 and their obligations under the Act.
The seminar was informative and assisted those present to understand the future processes and policies they will need to put into place.
Disaster proof your business
On Thursday November, 50 members and non-members joined us for a successful seminar on how to Disaster Proof your Business. Presented by the Kestrel Group, attendees learned how to get their business ready for anything and how to maintain that state of readiness. We will be looking to do a follow-up event, with working groups developing strategies to take the next steps. An extremely relevant topic for all those operating in the Wellington area.
Events ran included:
- Thursday 2 November – Sharing Knowledge, Reporting and Assurance
- Wednesday 8 November – Manawatu CAANZ Reporting Update
- Thursday 9 November – Wellington Local leadership Team (LLT) meeting
- Thursday 9 November – Disaster Proof your Business
- Friday 10 November – Whanganui Women Accountants Group Lunch
- Tuesday 14 November – Financial Special Interest Group (SIG) Event
- Wednesday 15 November – New Members and Milestone Ceremony
- Wednesday 15 November – Whanganui Young Accountants Group event
- Tuesday 21 November – future[Inc]:Talent
- Wednesday 22 November – Not For Profit Special Interest Group (SIG) Event
- Thursday 23 November – Wairarapa Special Interest Group (SIG) Event – Anti-Money Laundering/2Shakes presentation
- Thursday 23 November – Wairarapa Local leadership Team (LLT) Meeting
- Thursday 23 November – Capital CFO Annual End of Year Dinner
- Tuesday 28 November – Horowhenua Christmas Lunch Wednesday 29 November – Wairarapa Christmas Quiz night