- Recent events
- 2018 Fellowships
In the lead up to Christmas members have enjoyed two final events for 2018.
In the Wairarapa, members enjoyed a Christmas Quiz night and dinner at Lonestar, with the top prize going to the team from Rova Chartered Accountants. We had planned to do an 'Amazing Race' this year but the weather forecast indicated that driving and getting in and out of cars was going to be problematic - so a late change but still a great night.
The two Local Leadership Teams (LLTs) from Whanganui and Manawatu celebrated successful years with a joint Christmas meeting and lunch. This year we met at Aberdeen in Palmerston North and had a full turnout from both teams with new and retiring members attending.
It was an opportunity to recognise the members who were leaving the LLTs after years of service. Brian Holmes has left the Manawatu team and his attendance on the committee goes back to before our records began, so we celebrated his 25 plus years.
I have just contacted the 13 members in the Lower North Island, who have been awarded fellowships in the 2018 year. It is always an enjoyable task with most recipients being unaware of their nomination and are incredibly surprised and humbled at being recognised by their peers.
If you have time to pause over Christmas and turn your mind to your peers and their contributions, make a mental note as to this process. It is simplified here but I will give you lots more detail in the new year
How to Make a Nomination:
- Nominations should be made on the fellowship nomination form which can be downloaded from the CA ANZ website. The completed form must be emailed to Fellowships@charteredaccountantsanz.com
- Close off is normally in July
- The nomination form must be signed by the two nominators
- The criteria under which you are making the nomination must be indicated on the form.
- We may ask for information that demonstrates the nominee’s achievements in regards to the Fellowship criteria
- More to come……