- Many functions will be automated
- Machine learning will change how analytics are delivered
- Ethics and privacy issues will grow in importance
Digital transformation is driving organisations to continually refresh their business models, creating a challenge for management to adopt new mindsets and practices that embrace both incremental and transformational change.
Top 10 strategic technology trends include:
- Autonomous things that use artificial intelligence (AI) to automate functions previously performed by humans
- Augmented analytics that use automated machine learning to transform how analytics content is developed, consumed and shared
- AI-driven development that explores the evolution of tools, technologies and best practices for embedding AI capabilities into applications
- A digital twin, which is a digital representation of a real-world entity or system
- Edge computing, which describes a computing topology in which information processing and content collection and delivery are placed closer to the sources and repositories of this information
- A significant shift in how users perceive the digital world and how they interact with it. The model will shift from one of technology-literate people to one of people-literate technology.
- Blockchain, which will provide business value by removing frictio
- A smart space, which is a physical or digital environment in which humans and technology-enabled systems interact in increasingly open, connected, coordinated and intelligent ecosystems
- Digital ethics and privacy, which are growing concerns for individuals, organisations and governments. Consumers are becoming more aware that their personal information is valuable and are demanding control.
Adopting new mindsets and practices that embrace both incremental and transformational change will be key.
Time to adapt. In this month’s IT newsletter, we explore what will drive impact and disruption, including these exciting thought-provoking topics:
- How CIOs are using automation
- How resilient do we think our IT systems are
- How innovation drives economic growth.
Smart organisations need to position their organisations to foster perpetual innovation, integration for both community gain, and social good. Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders must evaluate the following Gartner top 10 strategic technology trends to identify opportunities, counter threats and create competitive advantage.